So Who Is The First Portaler? | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

UpstateSM

First to Surmise Dakota Leffew Would Be Orange
And when does it happen?

Taylor . And very soon. But he won't be the last. We have to clean up the culture on this team. Not that Taylor is a culture problem. He isn't. Others are. And the talent.

Yup hopefully there are more players hitting the portal than staying. I have been saying all along this roster needs major major turnover. These players aren't it.

Yup hopefully there are more players hitting the portal than staying. I have been saying all along this roster needs major major turnover.
For all the players you want to leave, can the coaches bring in talent upgrades across the board? There will be heavy competition and NIL money flying around for the quality portal guys available

For all the players you want to leave, can the coaches bring in talent upgrades across the board? There will be heavy competition and NIL money flying around for the quality portal guys available

We'll find out if we have the right coaches if they bring in some upgrades. If they can't make any improvements, then we have another problem that needs to be corrected.

Shouldn't the portal for each player include their NIL price range as part of the stats?

Stats don't always indicate the value of a player to the team. They can help but sometimes stats are padded.

If I were Red, I would ask how much money is in the NIL fund and spend nearly all of it.

Like a GM on the hot seat, sometimes you are in the position where you don't care as much about the distant future, you want to win next year.

We need several new players so Red can fully implement his culture, and preferred defensive and offensive playing styles asap.

Yup hopefully there are more players hitting the portal than staying. I have been saying all along this roster needs major major turnover. These players aren't it.

You certainly have and I give you a lot of credit knowing the 'usual' chit here you'd get. I wonder if those folks who thought/posted you were cuckoo for Coca Puffs still think as much? :)

Q, and Judah, then Taylor, Bell
But not all portal entries are equal. Guys like Q and Bell I think have solid chances of coming back.

To me, there is no doubt Taylor and Judah are gone.

I’m honestly surprised so many people here think Judah even a 50/50 shot to come back. I’d put it more at 95% chance he’s gone.

Shouldn't the portal for each player include their NIL price range as part of the stats?
Thats not a bad idea honestly. it wont happen because itll push prices up but I think it would be helpful for coaches to know who to not bother calling.

We'll find out if we have the right coaches if they bring in some upgrades. If they can't make any improvements, then we have another problem that needs to be corrected.
Coaches? And/or.. donors!

That is their job our football coach did it and we all thought nobody could possibly recruit football players to Syracuse but he found a way. Red is a recruiter and he should be able to find NIL money if Fran was able to find it for football.

I've been impressed lately with Taylor on the defensive end. Can he fix his jump shot and regain his confidence shooting the ball? If the coaches think that the answer is yes, he deserves another shot.

I've been impressed lately with Taylor on the defensive end. Can he fix his jump shot and regain his confidence shooting the ball? If the coaches think that the answer is yes, he deserves another shot.
He can’t play at this level. It’s been painfully obvious for most of this season and a good chunk of last season too. Nice kid, but he needs to move on.

He can’t play at this level. It’s been painfully obvious for most of this season and a good chunk of last season too. Nice kid, but he needs to move on.
He has had to play out of position all year. How many two guards are successful power forwards? The shot and confidence need to be repaired but he gave his best effort and was undersized and overmatched all year long, not because he wasn't any good, it was due to playing the four. Mot a lot of 6-6 fours at high level D-1. Not saying he won't transfer or his shot can be fixed but he worked hard all year and never complained about playing the four.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom