So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

Don’t overthink it

IMG_3816.jpg

He has had to play out of position all year. How many two guards are successful power forwards? The shot and confidence need to be repaired but he gave his best effort and was undersized and overmatched all year long, not because he wasn't any good, it was due to playing the four. Mot a lot of 6-6 fours at high level D-1. Not saying he won't transfer or his shot can be fixed but he worked hard all year and never complained about playing the four.
He also got to start all year despite being a largely unproductive player, especially against better competition.

I wish the best for his success, but will be surprised if he finds it at this level.

It kind of is though, it’s part of the talks when transferring unless the transfer isn’t very good.
So it’s more like FB marketplace (Fran Brown Marketplace)

Last edited:
You think you want everyone jumping in the portal. But you don't want everyone jumping in the portal.

I would rather nearly everyone stay and we upgrade the frontcourt with transfers. Freeman Brown with a more complete forward transfer would push some of the culture problems to a more reserve role or take a hike. The only position I would like to clean house on is center. With McLeod coming off the foot injury, I hardly have faith in any of our center guys to even get it done in a reserve role. If we get a more reliable center to backup Brown and Freeman in big man duties then I would not complain, even if it causes multiple center projects to leave. Then we ideally have Westry back too, who was at least said to be more defensive minded.

Too much drama to get into it with the backcourt now, but JJ Mintz and Moore would not be complete hell on earth if we upgraded the front court.

I've been impressed lately with Taylor on the defensive end. Can he fix his jump shot and regain his confidence shooting the ball? If the coaches think that the answer is yes, he deserves another shot.
He would benefit a lot with a quality point guard who gets him easy shots on time.

For all the players you want to leave, can the coaches bring in talent upgrades across the board? There will be heavy competition and NIL money flying around for the quality portal guys available
And SU is not anywhere near the top of the food chain when it comes to NIL $$.

Things will start moving right when the Portal opens (on monday)
Couldn’t guys technically announce their intentions now? I’ve already seen mid major guys do this.

Can you still play for a team after you enter the portal when it goes live Monday?

He can’t play at this level. It’s been painfully obvious for most of this season and a good chunk of last season too. Nice kid, but he needs to move on.
When Tony Bennett did not recruit him in his own backyard…. That should’ve screamed red flag. Good kid. Plays hard. I’m a fan, but he isn’t an ACC level guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom