So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

Like dasher said. Our culture is shot. Judah is supposed to be the leader and he is piss poor at it. Then add in hell and Q and we have 3 guys with no poise.

Overall I want Q, brown, cuffe, westry, Patterson (who knows how good he is but I want to see him next year for depth), McLeod and JJ back. If we keep that nucleus and add a true ACC level PG, C and wing…. We will be in much better shape.

Depends if we are invited going to do the NIT or not
I don't think NIT is a lock.
Instead, the NIT will guarantee two teams (based on the NET rankings) from each of six conferences (Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and Southeastern). The top two teams in the NET rankings not qualifying for the NCAA men's basketball tournament from each conference, regardless of win-loss record, will be selected. Additionally, the 12 teams automatically selected will be guaranteed the opportunity to host a game in the first round of the NIT.
An invite is possible but by NET Syracuse has like 4 teams in front of them in the ACC depending how things shake out with the NCAA Tourney (Pitt, UVA, VT, NC State, and BC).

Pretty disgusting isn’t it?

There are 8 billion people in the world, you can find anything you want if you are really looking for an issue.

This is ridiculous. Some people on social media are dumb, sun rises in the east, etc etc.

Also, some people in real life are dumb.

At some point, you have to take ownership of how you live your life in this world and choosing to highlight a random person commenting about you is a choice.

But not all portal entries are equal. Guys like Q and Bell I think have solid chances of coming back.

To me, there is no doubt Taylor and Judah are gone.

I’m honestly surprised so many people here think Judah even a 50/50 shot to come back. I’d put it more at 95% chance he’s gone.
Agree that Judah is likely gone. He won't get drafted so his play will be to transfer for a bigger NIL payday than he can get here.

All I know is the makeup of the roster, in every way, is poor, and we need a major overhaul. Guessing Taylor or Judah jumps in first

Similar thought process -- I think it might be Carey or Taylor.

Judah might be more measured, since there are bigger implication$ for his decision.

There are 8 billion people in the world, you can find anything you want if you are really looking for an issue.

This is ridiculous. Some people on social media are dumb, sun rises in the east, etc etc.

Also, some people in real life are dumb.

At some point, you have to take ownership of how you live your life in this world and choosing to highlight a random person commenting about you is a choice.

The shame is it wasn’t just some one off random person. It’s an ongoing thing and has been all year. Not just SU either. Social media warriors IMO have no capacity to critique something/someone. They all look to outdo each other with disgusting BS.

our fans sometimes...sheez...I get it, he may not have played like we hoped in a game(s) but saying that on social is just wrong and basically to the kid
Not saying it is right, but our fans are no different than any other school with fans that care and are passionate. If you don't like it, listen to the coaches, play the right way, and play better. Period. And for those that say "they're just kids", I will rebutt now with a "yeah, they're getting paid PLENTY..." and what do you think will happen in the NBA if you make it? (Judah will not, FYI).

Slightly off topic but will try to link it: Some of the ”Euro Steps” that were allowed last night covered as much ground as portaling from Syracuse to St. Bonaventure.
Copeland had his share but the award for the “ most ridiculous uncalled travel” goes to Middlebrooks for NCSU. Late in the second half he had the most awkward looking stroll to the basket that covered more ground than Bob Beamon‘s Mexico City long jump.
If anyone actually wanted to endure re-watching the second half, i dare you not to laugh at it.

Its not that I don’t think taylor can play at this level , its more like that he has absolutely no confidence in his shot anymore. None. And the mind games play tricks on you.

I think it was more than his shot. There was a point before Red had him cutting that he didn't even want to touch the ball on O. He was passing as soon as it came to him.

I think Judah will be first to enter the portal. It sounds like he is already being recruited. If you are in high demand, you jump into the market early and get your money before teams spend elsewhere.

Taylor and Carey my choose to portal because they see better playing/development opportunities or maybe they'll get "the talk". But this staff isn't going to give anyone "the talk" this week.

I don't think Taylor will get the talk. I hope the staff shows loyalty and rewards his sacrifice this year. Playing the 4 spot is a tough job for someone who has been a 2/3 throughout his playing career.

Whoever leaves, hope they find an excellent fit and have a tremendous playing career and life after basketball. Fans can be critical but some of it was over the top this year. Especially Taylor
The booing, yes.

The general commentary? I felt it was very light for a guy who was a designated shooter who literally couldn't or wouldn't shoot. He tried hard and I felt bad for him to a degree, but I felt worse for Red who had no other options after buying into him for another year.

Edit: Eh, thats too harsh. I felt worse for Justin. Clearly he was trying to shake the yips. Unfortunately, it does happen, but it REALLY hurt this team

I think Judah will be first to enter the portal. It sounds like he is already being recruited. If you are in high demand, you jump into the market early and get your money before teams spend elsewhere.

Taylor and Carey my choose to portal because they see better playing/development opportunities or maybe they'll get "the talk". But this staff isn't going to give anyone "the talk" this week.

I don't think Taylor will get the talk. I hope the staff shows loyalty and rewards his sacrifice this year. Playing the 4 spot is a tough job for someone who has been a 2/3 throughout his playing career.
I think the names we see first are Carey or Taylor. Judah will do all his heavy lifting behind closed doors. When he hits the portal...it will be for a day maybe 2 then his destination will be known.

IF he doesn't test draft waters.

Not saying it is right, but our fans are no different than any other school with fans that care and are passionate. If you don't like it, listen to the coaches, play the right way, and play better. Period. And for those that say "they're just kids", I will rebutt now with a "yeah, they're getting paid PLENTY..." and what do you think will happen in the NBA if you make it? (Judah will not, FYI).
No you're wrong. At the end of the day, it's a game. I know us fans are passionate about the program, players etc. but that post is disgusting and you don't do that. Trolls will be trolls but some 40-50 year old who probably never touched a basketball in their life chastising a player on how to play/effort to give is...gross. I get it, Judith was frustrating to watch plenty of times this year but bashing him in comments is not it especially when you know they are on social media all day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom