So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

No you're wrong. At the end of the day, it's a game. I know us fans are passionate about the program, players etc. but that post is disgusting and you don't do that. Trolls will be trolls but some 40-50 year old who probably never touched a basketball in their life chastising a player on how to play/effort to give is...gross. I get it, Judith was frustrating to watch plenty of times this year but bashing him in comments is not it especially when you know they are on social media all day.
I'm wrong? They don't get paid? Fans of 99.9% of other programs do the exact same thing?

In your opinion, I'm wrong about the pay for play deal. I don't think I am.

I never said it was it - in fact, I said the opposite. I don't agree with it. I merely stated that this fan base is not the only one, and that everyone has very thin skin these days.

When Tony Bennett did not recruit him in his own backyard…. That should’ve screamed red flag. Good kid. Plays hard. I’m a fan, but he isn’t an ACC level guy.
It wouldn’t shock me one bit, if he ends up at Virginia or another high level program if he transfers. I also don’t think the coaching staff wants to lose him just based on the fact that he has started every game and just how emotional they are about the criticism he’s been getting. What the fan base has put him through, I totally understand him leaving. There is a role for him at any high level program, especially if he can get his confidence back with his shooting.

It says here that he was recruited by Virginia.

it’s one thing to recruit a player and keep them in your back up options and another to target a recruit. I do not believe VA was a realistic option if I recall from his recruitment

It says here that he was recruited by Virginia.

And the story implies by omission that he never took an “official” to his hometown school. My understanding is he played with Bennett’s son growing up, is a friend of Bennett’s family, but any offer was for PR and was not a “committable “ offer, whatever that really means.

And the story implies by omission that he never took an “official” to his hometown school. My understanding is he played with Bennett’s son growing up, is a friend of Bennett’s family, but any offer was for PR and was not a “committable “ offer, whatever that really means.
Spot on

I'm wrong? They don't get paid? Fans of 99.9% of other programs do the exact same thing?

In your opinion, I'm wrong about the pay for play deal. I don't think I am.

I never said it was it - in fact, I said the opposite. I don't agree with it. I merely stated that this fan base is not the only one, and that everyone has very thin skin these days.
No, obviously I know about the paid stuff. You're wrong for defending a fan calling a student player Selfish. You doubled down on it. and the how you double down on it was because you make excuses for the behavior/action by saying other fan bases do it and he should listen to the coaches, do this, do that etc. That's co-signing to it's fullest

Why wouldn't Benny be first in the portal?
I realized there are some really confused people out there when I read a post somewhere saying Benny would be back in Orange next year.

It wouldn’t shock me one bit, if he ends up at Virginia or another high level program if he transfers. I also don’t think the coaching staff wants to lose him just based on the fact that he has started every game and just how emotional they are about the criticism he’s been getting. What the fan base has put him through, I totally understand him leaving. There is a role for him at any high level program, especially if he can get his confidence back with his shooting.
No ones saying Taylor is a 30 min a game star. If he stays he’ll be in the 10-15 min range off the bench here but maybe less. If he transfers he’ll find the same but not be boo’ed by his own fans.

No ones saying Taylor is a 30 min a game star. If he stays he’ll be in the 10-15 min range off the bench here but maybe less. If he transfers he’ll find the same but not be boo’ed by his own fans.
Yeah the point was that he wouldn’t be wanted by other high level programs which I think will end up being the opposite. He will be at the very least, a role model to his teammates on work ethic and practice player wherever he goes. Emphasis on the least part of that sentence.

Last edited:
No, obviously I know about the paid stuff. You're wrong for defending a fan calling a student player Selfish. You doubled down on it. and the how you double down on it was because you make excuses for the behavior/action by saying other fan bases do it and he should listen to the coaches, do this, do that etc. That's co-signing to it's fullest
I'm confused a bit. That call out was bad because it was public? Players get called worse here hundreds of times a day.

I've been impressed lately with Taylor on the defensive end. Can he fix his jump shot and regain his confidence shooting the ball? If the coaches think that the answer is yes, he deserves another shot.

After watching Taylor contribute absolutely nothing last night, I would say it is time for him to step down to a mid-major program where he can develop against competition of similar talent. Seems like a nice kid, but just does not have the talent to play in the ACC in my opinion.

he played 25 minutes in the nc state loss and it felt like 250

yeah pretty sure red wants to keep him based on all of his comments - not sure why or how, though...

a role at any high level program??!?

what would his role be at Duke or UNC?

it's unfortunate how things have played out with him...but let's just face the facts...what is his role on a high level team ? he can maybe be an end of the bench backup emergency player, maybe?

I think JB saw him as a Buddy clone and love is blind...and thats why he is on the team right now...he was supposed to be "the next Buddy"

I just don't see what basis anyone could use to think he will somehow become a positive contributor to a successful rotation, at this point....he will struggle to become a net neutral player, imo...

why, in this era, would you choose to stick wth that??

there's a sunk cost...and red likes his attitude but this isnt a reality TV show

besides, what is his actual position? hes NOT a PF - hopefully Donny and Brown have that taken care of next year

At SF - he's not better than Quadir or Bell...are you going to start Taylor over Bell and Q? how are you planning to split minutes between those 3? Or what?

not sure what the plan is at the SF...but hopefully some reinforcements are brought in

if Taylor is due about 10 mins a game...why would he even want that? he could drop down a level or two and do really well in a lesser league and play the whole game. or stay and continue to struggle (most likely)

He visited indiana and UNC also. So whatever.

Judah - he will test the NBA waters and then decide that he really enjoyed the couple games in his backyard in DC and will go to Gtown

Bell - he will want to head back west to be closer to home.

Taylor - isn’t probably going to play much next year, probably transfer to a smaller school

Patterson - we have more depth coming in and he isn’t going to want to wait his turn

Q - if he isn’t going to start next year won’t stick around.

Judah - he will test the NBA waters and then decide that he really enjoyed the couple games in his backyard in DC and will go to Gtown

Bell - he will want to head back west to be closer to home.

Taylor - isn’t probably going to play much next year, probably transfer to a smaller school

Patterson - we have more depth coming in and he isn’t going to want to wait his turn

Q - if he isn’t going to start next year won’t stick around.
Judah- yes, he really seemed to enjoy himself last night

Bell- He’s been here 2 years now. I think homesickness may have worn off.

Taylor- Probably right on this one

Patterson- More depth? We didn’t even have a STARTING center this year.

Q- He was born to play in the dome. He’s back.

That’s exactly why he will test the water. He’s a guy that could end up doubling his NIL due to the market need for shot makers
Doesn’t mean we let him leave.

Taylor is first no matter what. Carey will be next. Then it just depends how much money Judah and Bell want. It’s simple. Bell will get a ton of offers elsewhere and he wants to get paid. I care more about the culture than anything. There’s a troublemaker on the team and I’m fine if he goes because behind the scenes it does more harm than good on the court

Taylor is first no matter what. Carey will be next. Then it just depends how much money Judah and Bell want. It’s simple. Bell will get a ton of offers elsewhere and he wants to get paid. I care more about the culture than anything. There’s a troublemaker on the team and I’m fine if he goes because behind the scenes it does more harm than good on the court
Is the trouble maker not one of the 4 players you just named?

I think we need Bell almost more than anyone else. He carried us on offense for many games this year. When he made shots, Cuse won. When he didn't, Cuse loss. If Bell can add some off the bounce game and dig down on defense he might be a NBA player

Is it Chaz? Lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom