So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

Qs gone

Q's a big loss, IMO. I think he has star potential and 6'6 PG's don't grow on trees. Only red flag with him is maturity and poise, so there's that.
JJ leaving would be stupid- but it's the portal era and anything goes.
I hope Cuffe stays and is given a real shot at PT, I like him as a player.
Honestly, no one except Maliq should feel safe, and he's the only one I'd feel terrible about losing.

My biggest question for the offseason is if Red and the Staff can bring in a big time transfer without already having a prior connection with them. Everyone we've brought in thus far has had some sort of connection mainly being that we already recruited them at one point.

I’ve got news for ya……They’re ALL pivotal years. It’s the most overused comment in all of sports. As far as Quadir goes, I’ll just repeat what I said to another poster…….I believe in him, you don’t.
You don’t think year two is more important than year one? Nobody cared this team stunk, most people with a brain are shocked they did as well as they did, that’s acceptable this season, you wouldn’t think next season is bigger for Red?

My biggest question for the offseason is if Red and the Staff can bring in a big time transfer without already having a prior connection with them. Everyone we've brought in thus far has had some sort of connection mainly being that we already recruited them at one point.
McLeod.

Right. Thats why I don't get Q portaling (allegedly)

Q / Starling / Cuffe
Moore / Starling / Portal
Freeman / Westry / Portal
Brown / Freeman
Portal / McLeod
That team is not better and possibly worse than this years.

BTW, I think when eventually everything is out in the open (not saying I know), I think Red getting to 20 wins with this roster is going to seem like walking on water.

This isn't a joke. I think he basically got us to 20 wins while dealing with a den of mayhem.
I’m shocked he got there, weirdest season in my lifetime.

Q's a big loss, IMO. I think he has star potential and 6'6 PG's don't grow on trees. Only red flag with him is maturity and poise, so there's that.
JJ leaving would be stupid- but it's the portal era and anything goes.
I hope Cuffe stays and is given a real shot at PT, I like him as a player.
Honestly, no one except Maliq should feel safe, and he's the only one I'd feel terrible about losing.
He’s not a point guard, I’m 6’7”, just because I call myself a point guard and my fat ass is bringing the ball past midcourt doesn’t mean I’m a point guard.

I may have missed something but the way I understand it, there was an injunction that allowed two time transfers to play while a court case was argued. NCAA asked for a continuance to cover the rest of the academic year, but to my knowledge the case is still pending. I may very well be wrong but that’s the last I remember reading.

Now, based on the prevailing climate the odds are pretty low of the NCAA winning the case, but there is still some gray area to be determined.
They changed the sit out rules because of labor laws. You can’t force people to not play because it effects their NIL earning potential. The job market doesn’t require you to sit out a year because you want to get a new job.

My bad on Patterson. For some reason I thought we had a center coming in. Do you think McLeod comes back?
I would think so since he’s already transferred once and college is his only option for basketball. But I’m definitely in the group that is clamoring for a portal center.

For all the players you want to leave, can the coaches bring in talent upgrades across the board? There will be heavy competition and NIL money flying around for the quality portal guys available
Exactly. I doubt it. We need to keep several key guys and get them to improve. Continuity is important too. But we also need some talent upgrades at key spots.

our fans sometimes...sheez...I get it, he may not have played like we hoped in a game(s) but saying that on social is just wrong and basically to the kid
What was said to Judah? It was just a random comment.

You don’t think year two is more important than year one? Nobody cared this team stunk, most people with a brain are shocked they did as well as they did, that’s acceptable this season, you wouldn’t think next season is bigger for Red?
Number 1. They didn’t stink. That’s a ridiculous comment.
Number 2. I think year 1 was important. I think next year is important. I think year 3 will be important and on and on and on. They all take on importance. Didn’t we learn that over forty whatever years of the last coach?

Number 1. They didn’t stink. That’s a ridiculous comment.
Number 2. I think year 1 was important. I think next year is important. I think year 3 will be important and on and on and on. They all take on importance. Didn’t we learn that over forty whatever years of the last coach?
Must’ve watched something different, our coach talks about the “Syracuse Standard”, if Red and I are on the same page about what that means then we stunk. We didn’t sniff the tournament and probably won’t even make the NIT. Ridiculous though right?

The shame is it wasn’t just some one off random person. It’s an ongoing thing and has been all year. Not just SU either. Social media warriors IMO have no capacity to critique something/someone. They all look to outdo each other with disgusting BS.
Why are Judah or any of these players bothering to engage with trolls on social media? It’s such a foolish waste of time. Who cares what some randos have to say on Twitter? The “selfish” comment is so inane, it’s not worth engaging with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom