So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

I hope Red has a heart to heart with Q after the season and that he responds positively and starts listening to and respecting the coaches (if that’s the issue). I personally think Judah is going to test the NBA draft waters again and we’ll have to find another PG out of the portal anyways.
You’re not listening to people that have actual information.

How many times did Q start? Was it none?

Isn't that trying to get a message across to a player to stop taking stupid chances?

Because Autry chose to start a hard-working kid with almost no talent over Copeland - all season long.

If that wasn't sending a message, I'm not sure how much more you can do to get someone's attention.
If he really was a massive problem child, as it appears, I think a suspension like Cuffe’s would have been appropriate. Cuffe sat for three games as some sort of discipline. Copeland never sat so either things weren’t as bad as people are now saying or this was a missed chance to discipline.

Cuse

Is class attendance even mandatory anymore?

How many classes do these guys miss during the season anyways.

As long as you turn in all the assignments and pass all the exams, you'll pass the course. And the last time I checked, SU has an army of academic support staff to keep the kids in line.

I hope the answer is no but is there still an on-line option?

FWIW Fran is talking about class checks for football.

Red was very consistent with his standards and punishments. Have to be as a new coach. That’s why the report that Quadir stopped going to class weeks ago puzzles me. If accurate he must have gone to great lengths to hide it, or Red simply couldn’t afford to stick to his standards. Going to class is big.
Not so puzzling when considering he was already down to 6.5 players.

If he really was a massive problem child, as it appears, I think a suspension like Cuffe’s would have been appropriate. Cuffe sat for three games as some sort of discipline. Copeland never sat so either things weren’t as bad as people are now saying or this was a missed chance to discipline.

Cuse
Why do you believe cuffe was disciplined?

Cuse
Not so puzzling when considering he was already down to 6.5 players.

Big picture a month left in the season even a half or full game suspension would punish let's call them the "good team members" more than the bad apples. Let's just say Q isn't available. OK now Taylor is playing 40 along with Brown's 40. Opponents can just do whatever they want, Not even considering what an extra foul or two does to our team when we're already so short.

I know bosses in Corporate America that have kept around crappy people for 30 years and they get paid more than Autry. We can give Autry another year and a pass for the last month of this year and see what he does in the portal.

Isn't that trying to get a message across to a player to stop taking stupid chances?

Because Autry chose to start a hard-working kid with almost no talent over Copeland - all season long.

If that wasn't sending a message, I'm not sure how much more you can do to get someone's attention.
Where did Reeves and Gayle get mentioned as portal guys? Gayle is not a great shooter, but good slasher and rebounder. Neve4 heard of Reaves.
Reeves is from Syracuse..think of it like a Quincy Ballard situation. He’s not going to be starting here. But he could provide some depth in the back court. He’s got some game..not sure how it translates to power 5 hoops though

I have zero inside info - I just see how Judah acts on the court and find it hard to root for him. Its the honest truth. The constant complaining and embellishing of contact. He’s a bit insufferable. Its not an “edge” like Flynn, Fair or Dion. It’s a “keep the cameras on me please” and me vs everyone attitude.

I have zero inside info - I just see how Judah acts on the court and find it hard to root for him. Its the honest truth. The constant complaining and embellishing of contact. He’s a bit insufferable. Its not an “edge” like Flynn, Fair or Dion. It’s a “keep the cameras on me please” and me vs everyone attitude.
I'm with you but for me as long as other teams' hated him so badly I felt it was worth. The definition of insanity was Judah complaining to the same refs that clearly hated him down the ACC stretch. Never could wrap my head around that. Without him though we're probably fighting it out with Louisville at the bottom this year.

Most state courts rule them unenforceable
You can't prevent people from making a living
That is incorrect. Unenforceable in CA and generally disfavored in many states but outside of CA it is not difficult to draft enforceable non competes.

Q started once I think when Judah sat if I’m remembering right. Had a breakout game too.

I love Q and have since I first watched his highlights from high school. He will only get better with the right mentors.

I'm with you but for me as long as other teams' hated him so badly I felt it was worth. The definition of insanity was Judah complaining to the same refs that clearly hated him down the ACC stretch. Never could wrap my head around that. Without him though we're probably fighting it out with Louisville at the bottom this year.
Year 1 of a new coach, yeah we need someone like Judah who can give us a chance some nights where otherwise we’d be toast.

If Red’s going to be a success he’s gotta establish a culture of pride and accountability moving forward.

Its certainly an obstacle planting those seeds while NIL is in the picture. Its a personal decision though whether or not to be a team player and maintain mental toughness.

introduce a little stoicism, CJ Fair had plenty and that was the most successful span of seasons I remember witnessing

Reeves is from Syracuse..think of it like a Quincy Ballard situation. He’s not going to be starting here. But he could provide some depth in the back court. He’s got some game..not sure how it translates to power 5 hoops though

He's 6 feet tall 170 pounds and scores 60% of his baskets at the rim. I would be shocked if he is at Syracuse next year.

We already did that with Symir Torrence. We don't need more guys who aren't good enough to play.

kicking off a player midseason does send a message i guess and is somewhat admirable,
better coaching tho would have been working out whatever issues were unfolding earlier .

Listing Westry as the 2nd guy is foolish. He hasn't played in 2 years. Similar to Carey and Cuffe. I don't see any way that he's going to be an upgrade on Copeland, who has really gotten better these last 2 years, while Westry has collected dust.
Don’t be so literal. It’s just a list of 5 names. Regardless, Westry will be a big part of the plan next year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at the point.

Not advocating for the kid but watch his highlights. This isn’t Symir and kid played at the program Dalton Knecht came from before blowing up this year.

Now imagine him trying to score at the rim like that in the ACC. After that try and imagine him guarding. Being from the same team as Knecht doesn't qualify him.

We already did that with Symir Torrence. We don't need more guys who aren't good enough to play.
Reaves is better than Torrence

Torrence averaged 3 a game at Marquette and Cuse, and bumped it to 8 at Binghamton

Reaves averaged 15 a game this year with four boards and shot 38% from three

He's 6 feet tall 170 pounds and scores 60% of his baskets at the rim. I would be shocked if he is at Syracuse next year.
Not saying he will be. I haven’t heard that he’s even an option besides a post on the recruiting board. I just know a little bit about him..enlightening the board

Is class attendance even mandatory anymore?

How many classes do these guys miss during the season anyways.

As long as you turn in all the assignments and pass all the exams, you'll pass the course. And the last time I checked, SU has an army of academic support staff to keep the kids in line.
Yeah well when we are playing a Tues night game in Stanford in mid February I’m sure they’ll be at class the next day!

Reaves is better than Torrence

Torrence averaged 3 a game at Marquette and Cuse, and bumped it to 8 at Binghamton

Reaves averaged 15 a game this year with four boards and shot 38% from three
Not saying Symir is good but he’s 4th in the nation in assists per game. It just shows that borderline HM guys can put up numbers on mid majors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom