So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

This is why I made the Cuffe & Westry comparison up above.
Both were coming off injuries, but both were participating in pre-season workouts.
And then both of them got hurt again. Cuffe came back from the hand injury. Westry did not come back from the lower leg injury, which is kind of a bad sign.
Yeah it kinda depends on what injury you’re talking about too/context matters. cuffe was obviously going to be back it was what a broken wrist or hand or something?

Not advocating for the kid but watch his highlights. This isn’t Symir and kid played at the program Dalton Knecht came from before blowing up this year.

Is he related to George or Christopher?

Cleaning the culture of the team includes cleaning the culture of the university and fans that are no it all and fans only when things are looking good for the team.

He's probably going to elect to transfer out based upon going from starter to bench, let alone being asked to redshirt.
The last thing we would want is this kid in the program for more years than we are required to. Best of luck to him but for me, the answer is 100% no on a red shirt for him

The last thing we would want is this kid in the program for more years than we are required to. Best of luck to him but for me, the answer is 100% no on a red shirt for him

Yup. Taylor is totally broken.

Steve Sax & Chuck Knoblauch nod their heads knowingly.

JT needs a change of scenery like nobody’s business.

Yup. Taylor is totally broken.

Steve Sax & Chuck Knoblauch nod their heads knowingly.

JT needs a change of scenery like nobody’s business.
He had a season to forget that’s for sure. Scapegoated hard by the students. Hated on social media. I don’t think I can remember this level of abuse towards a starter on a 20 win Cuse team. Sure there’s been some guys that had a rough go on the hill and pockets of abuse from fans over the years but when I heard he got boo’ed at the dome I was like damn.

With Taylor it just seemed to be universal dislike outside of the coaching staff. I give props to him for sucking it up tho and getting through the season. Also I had a good laugh when I heard he was liking all the crappy comments he got on social media from haters.

My hot take is that he’s a Hokie on his way down to Blacksburg in a few weeks.

He had a season to forget that’s for sure. Scapegoated hard by the students. Hated on social media. I don’t think I can remember this level of abuse towards a starter on a 20 win Cuse team. Sure there’s been some guys that had a rough go on the hill and pockets of abuse from fans over the years but when I heard he got boo’ed at the dome I was like damn.

With Taylor it just seemed to be universal dislike outside of the coaching staff. I give props to him for sucking it up tho and getting through the season. Also I had a good laugh when I heard he was liking all the crappy comments he got on social media from haters.

Someone mentioned JMU and that seems like a logical spot

Maybe even Coastal Carolina

Yeah it kinda depends on what injury you’re talking about too/context matters. cuffe was obviously going to be back it was what a broken wrist or hand or something?

My original point was that if a guy misses 2 seasons, you don't know what you're going to get, how durable they might be, how much rust they might have when they come back. It's hard to bet on a guy who missed 2 seasons.

He shot 39% from 3 last season, if he did that this season and didn't have to play PF; I think most would be happy to have him in the rotation next season.
I don't like his shot but it's a bad shot in a way that isn't hopelessly doomed like Williams and mintz

While I do feel bad for JT because of the way he was treated, reality is he really never should have been put in that position. On vast majority of past SU teams he’s probably a sparingly used player. JB really did a number on our roster in his last few years. Gross mismanagement.

pretty sure its exactly the opposite of what you surmise

starling and westry only came back into the picture because JB was gone...recruits stopped wanting to play for him.

all 4 portal players were 100% red's decisions...and furthrmore, keeping the exisiting players were also reds decisions
Perhaps, I’m wrong but I did read a statement from Boeheim before he stepped down that a number of players contacted Syracuse last year inquiring about Transferring in. I made a leap of faith that one of them was Starling who announced his transfer to Syracuse on the first day of the portal. Surely this was not done with no pre thought or conversation especially since Brey announced early on he was not returning to coach ND.

.Second, Westry had plenty of time being during the season while he was injured where he may have inquire/talk/reach out to McNamara his Syracuse recruiter about the possibility of coming to Syracuse.

sure, Red once he became the head coach had the final say but these transfers had previous discussions/inquiries to see if they could transfer To Syracuse.

My original point was that if a guy misses 2 seasons, you don't know what you're going to get, how durable they might be, how much rust they might have when they come back. It's hard to bet on a guy who missed 2 seasons.
Oh yeah I was just kinda expanding on the point my fault.

Biblically, Adam and Eve were the first portalers, after they were dismissed from the University of Eden.

Eve took impermissible benefits from a fruit company.
“Next you will want to eat from the tree of life and become like us” there is some very telling stuff even in translated, edited (for those they wish to control) version of the Bible we see today.

Perhaps, I’m wrong but I did read a statement from Boeheim before he stepped down that a number of players contacted Syracuse last year inquiring about Transferring in. I made a leap of faith that one of them was Starling who announced his transfer to Syracuse on the first day of the portal. Surely this was not done with no pre thought or conversation especially since Brey announced early on he was not returning to coach ND.

.Second, Westry had plenty of time being during the season while he was injured where he may have inquire/talk/reach out to McNamara his Syracuse recruiter about the possibility of coming to Syracuse.

sure, Red once he became the head coach had the final say but these transfers had previous discussions/inquiries to see if they could transfer To Syracuse.
Westry wanted to come to Syr out of HS. His agent/handlers pushed him elsewhere. He regretted it entire time. He would have come if JB was here.

The portal season that opens Monday would be far more exciting for us fans than to watch a miserable cuse team plod through a NIT first round loss. Here's hoping to no invite.
I agree. I'm going to lose it watching Brown have to go 5 on1 on defense. The one guy that needs the least work on defense is going to take all the abuse while our other 5 guys do a shoot around and play garbage defese,

Biblically, Adam and Eve were the first portalers, after they were dismissed from the University of Eden.

Eve took impermissible benefits from a fruit company.
Running around naked may have been an issue too. Although if she was hot I’d let it slide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom