So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

He was a playmaker when it benefited him, when he could make a flashy play, outside of that he was spinning here and spinning there, turning it over and chucking threes. Everyone remembers the oooos and ahhhhhs, but most of the time the results after were awful. The issue with that is, you don’t remember the awful.
For years team hard-hedge our pick and roll. Like Kadary before him, cope is the only player capable of hitting the roll man in this situation. When our offense is a steady diet of pick and roll this is the difference between a functioning offense and garbage

Why TF would copeland not be starting PG next year? Baffled
I’m with you on Q. For most of this season, I assumed him and Chance would be our main PGs next season or maybe we would add another PG from the portal. But from what all these insiders are saying in this thread, it sounds like Q was a problem behind the scenes, doesn’t listen to the coaches and shows disrespect for Red, and that there are a couple of other players that behave in a similarly negative manner. You could see some of the acting-out on the sidelines but I just viewed it as a player who plays passionately. Sounds like it’s more of a problem than that.

This is why……
Thank you! I was actually going to post those stats, because I was curious about his assist to turnover rate. You want a highlight reel? QC is my guy. I'm not sure he's the guy I want as my lead guard for a steady presence 30-35 minutes per game

This is why……
This is quite gross too.

IMG_2405.jpeg

To add on, it's not that I don't like parts of Copeland's game, but I think there are some who have a little confirmation bias as it relates to his play. (Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values.)

Reading as this thread continues I’m a little uncomfortable with the shots at Quadir’s character. I have expressed my concerns regarding his game. But I don’t think it is fair to question his behavior as much as it is the other three guys. He has been emotional on the court, but most of that has been directed at the other team and trash talking. I can only recall one time when he really seemed to be getting into it with Red. I can’t say this about Benny, Judah and Chris. Q also seemed invested in pumping up his teammates and definitely cheering them on when he was on the bench.

i’ve actually heard good things about him as a person. Finally, let’s not get carried away with how much he went to class especially when we don’t know it for a fact. If we were going to throw everyone out of the program that didn’t go to every class we would’ve lost a lot of great players. Hell, North Carolina wouldn’t have a program.

Why TF would copeland not be starting PG next year? Baffled

Reading as this thread continues I’m a little uncomfortable with the shots at Quadir’s character. I have expressed my concerns regarding his game. But I don’t think it is fair to question his behavior as much as it is the other three guys. He has been emotional on the court, but most of that has been directed at the other team and trash talking. I can only recall one time when he really seemed to be getting into it with Red. I can’t say this about Benny, Judah and Chris. Q also seemed invested in pumping up his teammates and definitely cheering them on when he was on the bench.

i’ve actually heard good things about him as a person. Finally, let’s not get carried away with how much he went to class especially when we don’t know it for a fact. If we were going to throw everyone out of the program that didn’t go to every class we would’ve lost a lot of great players. Hell, North Carolina wouldn’t have a program.
but if u quit going altogether which for Red is easy to find out, u kick him off team asap.

Come on brother outside of Kadary cope is the most gifted playmaker we have had in decades
C'mon, watching the Marquette/UCONN game made me wonder how far our guard play is from competing against top teams. Also, you're using the word "gifted" loosely. Every player on our current roster is replaceable. We have pieces to work with and talent coming in. Our talent level has fallen so far over the past 4-5 years.

Just replace Judah and Cope with A10 transfers or failed P5 guys like Torrence and it'll work out I'm sure.

Or just play Cuffe even though Red kept him glued to the bench for a reason against UNC.

Can't make up some of the stuff you read on here. Like we are a destination for transfers and can just get the best guys in the portal at will...

While I do feel bad for JT because of the way he was treated, reality is he really never should have been put in that position. On vast majority of past SU teams he’s probably a sparingly used player. JB really did a number on our roster in his last few years. Gross mismanagement.
red had his choice and kept him...its his fault

Is that why NC State didn’t guard him until he was 10 feet fr the basket the other night.
Has no relevance on whether or not he is a gifted playmaker. You are not good at debating

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom