So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

You also said that I have trashed him. I have not. I have not said any of the details that I do know. That was what that poster, I think, was "defending".
Kind of disingenuous to say you haven't trashed him but repeatedly referring to the "details that I do know" and how difficult it is to coach him and all the other things you've said, no?

Just because you say that with conviction doesn't mean it is the case. People who would know have told me good things about Quadir. Not that he is perfect. But you really have apparently changed the narrative on this kid on this board and I hope it wasn't hyperbolic. I hope you are being careful using your reputation here on the board when trashing the name of a college student. It is very easy to say things when you are anonymous and don't have to be held accountable.

Things happen behind the scenes as we all know. But the difference of behavior between Quadir and the other 3 guys on the court has been significant.
Scott, dasher isn’t the only board insider saying this. There are several others who have shared info both publicly and in PMs. It’s a lot of posts to wade through so you may have missed them. I’m hugely disappointed because I love Q’s play on the court but I’m going to trust Red if he doesn’t think he can make it work with him. I guess we’ll see how it shakes out.

Matt Govendo from Financial Wealth Management. He's a fan who gets air time on the show to promote and do segments, and types in the chat that Gmac is gone. Nothing more.

I'm surprised it didn't gain any traction or discussion here.
The speculation is that Gmac is trying to get a head coaching job this offseason. I would assume he’s interviewing. Albany, Siena, Canisius and several Pennsylvania schools all have open head coaching positions. If Matt Langel finally leaves Colgate for a bigger mid major, I could see Gmac pursuing that job. I would assume it’s going to happen in the next year or two.

Last edited:
Gmac is definitely trying to get a head coaching job this offseason. I would assume he’s interviewing. Albany, Siena, Canisius and several Pennsylvania schools all have open head coaching positions. If Matt Langel finally leaves Colgate for a bigger mid major, I could see Gmac pursuing that job.
As he should. Who wouldnt want a head job? I laugh when people think he should be here forever and be an assistant.

Gmac is definitely trying to get a head coaching job this offseason. I would assume he’s interviewing. Albany, Siena, Canisius and several Pennsylvania schools all have open head coaching positions. If Matt Langel finally leaves Colgate for a bigger mid major, I could see Gmac pursuing that job.

If his goal is to get a P5 HC job eventually, he has to get moving... Wouldn't begrudge him leaving one bit and hope he does well of course.

Kind of disingenuous to say you haven't trashed him but repeatedly referring to the "details that I do know" and how difficult it is to coach him and all the other things you've said, no?
Yeah Scott. I have been awful to him. Give me a break. Are you suggesting that I shouldn't allude to things I know? Because if you are, I'll just put you on ignore and you won't have to endure any more of that.

But he actually has to have a job before he can leave. And coming off the past 3 seasons we have had, his value had to be reduced.
That's exactly what I am thinking, looking at it objectively. He'd be a tough sell right now unless it's to an area that just loves him from his playing days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom