So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

I think he loved the school too.
That’s the part that people forget about. These players are uprooting quite a bit. They’ve build friendships, relationships, a bond with the place they’ve lived for 2 years. Yes it’s a choice for many to find other places to pursue their ultimate goal of bball, either for more opportunity or in today’s game more $, but in some cases it’s not ONLY the player’s choice.

Tough conversations and tough decisions. Some lose sight of it.

Good luck to JT. I liked his potential last year but the offensive game just isn’t where it needs to be at this level. All accounts put in the effort, which I appreciate.

Over on the football board one of the NYS high school coaches who heard Fran Browns speech.
He stated Fran said he expects all his current coaches to leave for other jobs.
He wants them all to get better.
He feels that if they do well here they will go on to higher positions.
A good boss knows they’ll lose their best, I never felt more proud when my best moved on for better.

I mean, he is in the process of. The kid can't even submit for the portal the right way

Sarcasm people. Sarcasm.
Shawn Michaels Wwe GIF by Taylor Ervin

First of several players and several starters.
Several means more than 2. That must mean Judah, bell and Mac. And if someone said bell is not one of them… that means brown is in play. That would not be ideal.

Last edited:
That’s the part that people forget about. These players are uprooting quite a bit. They’ve build friendships, relationships, a bond with the place they’ve lived for 2 years. Yes it’s a choice for many to find other places to pursue their ultimate goal of bball, either for more opportunity or in today’s game more $, but in some cases it’s not ONLY the player’s choice.

Good luck to JT. I liked his potential last year but the offensive game just isn’t where it needs to be at this level. All accounts put in the effort, which I appreciate.

JT is doing it on his own. Like I said the other day, not every player that goes into the portal will have been told too. Here or elsewhere. Heck, most players do it on their own decision.

Brown should get Judah’s bag and then some. I know it’s just one game but that 5x5 is no joke. His name went in the back of every coaches head in the league and prob some nba coaches.

Build the roster from ground up with Brown and Freeman. That’s our strength now.

He may have made his own choice. It had to be a very tough year for him, if as Red stated how hard he worked, team dysfunction, dissension, fan criticism etc, he may have just decided enough was enough.

From what I know he did. I wish it would have worked out, again great kid. He will likely thrive at a lower level school with less pressure and expectations.
I'll always remember his random 25 point outburst in 25 mins of playing time, early in freshman year against Bryant

That second scribbled name looks like a CH at the start… bell?
Might be a Q. I think the names go: Judah Mintz; Justin Taylor; Quadir (could be Chris Bell since the others have first and last names and Chris Bell would fit in that space but Quadir Copeland wouldn't); and unfortunately the last name might be Chance Westry (looks like it starts with a C and it's too long for Chris Bell).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom