So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

A very good player. has it all for us. & footer. Big on rebounds and a good shooter. Ivy scares me a bit though.
Offense would translate. Would be important to have a backup that can protect the rim. Hopefully Patterson is ready if McLeod bolts.

Portal PG/Cuffe/Westry
JJ/Moore/Westry
Bell/Westry
Freeman(Brown)/Brown(Freeman)
Portal C/Brown/Patterson

Is that what we are looking at?

Why risk it on someone who’s played very little college games, has barely played for 2 years due to injuries? If he wants to come back as a possible 10th guy but with every player being up for grabs it seems foolish to count on someone you don’t need to.
But if we portal for a really strong lead guard, we have Chance, Moore, Starling (and Cuffe) to round out the backcourt.

A great coach can turn around a problem and make him much better than letting a kid quit on himself. I gave seen it with many kids I have helped, many kids coming from broken homes and living day to day, meal to meal.
If a problem is one of the "leaders" of the team, it will grow into other problems down the line. Red couldn't rip the bandaid without coaching a single game this year, so he had to try and "turn around a problem".

Didn't work with Benny or Judah. Didn't seem to be getting through to Q.

Now the bandaid is getting ripped off.

Brown and Freeman will be starting even if it’s the token fab melo freshman minutes. Brown isn’t coming back here to come off the bench. And he shouldn’t.

So you think we are going to be able to get a high-profile center recruit from the portal to come here and not start?

Brown and Freeman will be starting even if it’s the token fab melo freshman minutes. Brown isn’t coming back here to come off the bench. And he shouldn’t.
Brown start at the 4 or 5? Or does it depend on what promises need to be made to our 3 and a portal 5?

Brown start at the 4 or 5? Or does it depend on what promises need to be made to our 3 and a portal 5?
I think Brown starts at the 5..Donnie’s the best PF in the country. You don’t get a guy like that unless he’s coming to play PF. Brown slides to the 4 when Nyheim checks in. I don’t expect a blockbuster pick up at the center position honestly. It’s really how the staff views Patterson

I think Brown starts at the 5..Donnie’s the best PF in the country. You don’t get a guy like that unless he’s coming to play PF. Brown slides to the 4 when Nyheim checks in. I don’t expect a blockbuster pick up at the center position honestly. It’s really how the staff views Patterson
I've suspected this.

I think it's risky.

Couldn’t Donnie play small forward?

Not much room to get an impact guy then. Just pg.

Couldn’t Donnie play small forward?
jurassic park film GIF

That puts a little damper on things I was hoping this was one of the areas that Red would realize that we need major improvement at. Seems like Freeman takes Taylor spot - Westry takes Copeland spot and we portal to replace Mintz and everything else stays the same.

Big thing if Brown plays the center position, Freeman is going to rebound the ball with Brown. Got crushed this year bc Brown was on an island by himself trying to rebound. A lineup of new PG, JJ, Bell, Brown and Freeman is exactly what Red wants and frankly so do I. Especially when Brown develops his offense more this summer along with Bell.

It’s not Maliq. Although he is very very close with Taylor. 2 great teammates. But Reds system is a perfect fit for Brown to showcase his talents.

I was just mentioning the board Implosion bc there were some that didn’t believe Q was going to leave I think
Board won't implode unless it's GMac.

That puts a little damper on things I was hoping this was one of the areas that Red would realize that we need major improvement at. Seems like Freeman takes Taylor spot - Westry takes Copeland spot and we portal to replace Mintz and everything else stays the same.
I don’t know what Reds thoughts are on the Center position just trying to read the situation at hand. Maliq isn’t coming out of the game. Donnie not coming out either if he’s as advertised. Hard to get an established big to come play behind that

A great coach can turn around a problem and make him much better than letting a kid quit on himself. I gave seen it with many kids I have helped, many kids coming from broken homes and living day to day, meal to meal.
Should have played Cuffe over these me first high turnover turtle up when challenged portalers

I'm high on Donnie just as much as others but I can tell you right now he will not be the best PF in the country next year.

I don’t know what Reds thoughts are on the Center position just trying to read the situation at hand. Maliq isn’t coming out of the game. Donnie not coming out either if he’s as advertised. Hard to get an established big to come play behind that
I'd think they'd probably want to roll the dice on someone though. Otherwise, why not have Carey stick around?

I like Reynolds, but to me he’s a better version of JJ. Not saying it won’t work, but we’ve done the combo guard thing for so long I was really hoping for a legit pg.
Malik Mack
I'm high on Donnie just as much as others but I can tell you right now he will not be the best PF in the country next year.
I was talking about highschool haha. It would be a beautiful thing if he turns out to be the best PF in college next year..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom