So Who Is The First Portaler?

Portal PG/Cuffe/Westry
JJ/Moore/Westry
Bell/Westry
Freeman(Brown)/Brown(Freeman)
Portal C/Brown/Patterson

Is that what we are looking at?
Got 3 scholarships left on that roster I think

But if we portal for a really strong lead guard, we have Chance, Moore, Starling (and Cuffe) to round out the backcourt.
So a really strong lead guard and the same situation at the 2 last season? No thank you.
Sounds like Bell is coming back and it wk be to start at SF.
We can’t start JJ and Bell again. Sigh……

So a really strong lead guard and the same situation at the 2 last season? No thank you.

Yeah JJ is the weak link in that lineup unless he’s scores about 18 a game on 40% from 3. The PG better be an elite defender.

I may be expecting too much from Moore, but it won't be the same situation if Moore can shoot as advertised and Westry isn't a turnover machine.

Chance going nowhere. He was so close to playing this year. He was coming back mid December. Had unfortunate setback that detailed that. He’s a great kid and a leader. Big things for him next year
Great. That’s what I’ve been assuming, despite all the skepticism from a lot of naysayers on here. I heard he was gonna be a key guy last season and was playing well in fall practice.

Yeah I don’t see how you can run that back and expect much better results. Defense and rebounding would still be a major issue.

Defense with JJ and Bell and Brown on the backend (rim protection) will not work. It was proven this year.
In that situation Donnie is the rim protector. He’s a better rebounder and shot blocker than Maliq. Maliq the better one on one defender.

I don’t know what Reds thoughts are on the Center position just trying to read the situation at hand. Maliq isn’t coming out of the game. Donnie not coming out either if he’s as advertised. Hard to get an established big to come play behind that.
I think it would be a mistake not to add a big with a post up game to this roster. Maybe Red thinks Freeman can serve that role in terms of being an interior scoring threat (I don't mean playing the 5). As for players not coming out, I tend to take Red at his word that, ideally, he prefers to play 9-10 guys and go hard on both ends. Looking forward to seeing what he can do with a full roster, more versatile skill sets, and team first attitudes.

You do realize the "inefficient scoring shoot first ivy point guard" will be able to pick any team he wants to play on and will be one of the hottest commodities in the portal.

I prefer Reynolds but I doubt we are going to get Mack and Reynolds with JJ and Bell coming back not enough starting roles for that to happen.

I think Brown starts at the 5..Donnie’s the best PF in the country. You don’t get a guy like that unless he’s coming to play PF. Brown slides to the 4 when Nyheim checks in. I don’t expect a blockbuster pick up at the center position honestly. It’s really how the staff views Patterson
Would rather get a legitimate bigman and PG and cycle Freeman between the 3 and 4. Brown between 4 and 5. Have Bell be Vinny Microwave Johnson roll. Then add stud PG.

Good teams dont play guys 40 mins. The talk of Freeman and Brown not coming out of a game is crazy. Cuse needs a real center and Brown can rotate to the 5 for a breather.
Look at PJ Hall, Bacot and Quinton Post mins per game. (Almsot 30,30, and almost 32 respectively) they are some of the best centers in ACC.

If freeman and Maliq each play 30 minutes, there is 20 minutes that still needs to be taken up at center.

Good teams dont play guys 40 mins. The talk of Freeman and Brown not coming out of a game is crazy. Cuse needs a real center and Brown can rotate to the 5 for a breather.
Look at PJ Hall, Bacot and Quinton Post mins per game. (Almsot 30,30, and almost 32 respectively) they are some of the best centers in ACC.

If freeman and Maliq each play 30 minutes, there is 20 minutes that still needs to be taken up at center.

I don't think it is so much about the minutes but about the starting slots. If Bell is back to go along with Freeman and Brown those will more than likely be the starters next year from the tea leaves. So bringing in a quality big man to eat up those minutes but not to start will be very difficult. The quality really drops off in the portal when you don't have starting spots open.

I think his inefficiency is overrated. He’s a freshman
There’s going to be 1600 players in the portal, we don’t need to settle for an inefficient freshman Ivy point guard. Should we pack next year in too?

Would rather get a legitimate bigman and PG and cycle Freeman between the 3 and 4. Brown between 4 and 5. Have Bell be Vinny Microwave Johnson roll. Then add stud PG.

Just because we have Brown/Freeman doesn’t mean Red isn’t shopping the portal for a 5 man. There are ways things can work out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom