So who's going on Saturday? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

So who's going on Saturday?

I'm just expecting a crowded sh!tshow around YS...but I'll be there anyways. Rather get there early to assure entry on time. It will be way more crowded than our Pinstripe games. I doubt I'll be drinking too much due to the PIA factor.

Thanks Mark. Thinking our plan will be to come in from the hotel (Manhattan) around 1100ish and just figure it out from there. The atmosphere outside Stadium should be pretty electric and if weather holds to forecast walking around will be alright.

5 of us in 234. What kind of joint is Billy's?

Billys is a gigantic, two-level, almost club like venue. I'm hoping they arent absolutely destroying our ear drums with house music as they have a tendency to do. Its also expensive as hell. But I usually end up there anyway for Yankee games - kind of a fun spot to get liquored up if you can handle the volume.

Billys is a gigantic, two-level, almost club like venue. I'm hoping they arent absolutely destroying our ear drums with house music as they have a tendency to do. Its also expensive as hell. But I usually end up there anyway for Yankee games - kind of a fun spot to get liquored up if you can handle the volume.
Appreciate the heads up. Not exactly an EDM crowd I’m traveling with but we’ll see.

My dumb Mom is visting from 3,000 miles away...so I won't be in attendance. Trying to avoid dinner that evening with Mom and the in-laws as well. I don't want any postgame responsibilities.

the nerve

Right?! On top of that, I've been unable to get season tix the last 2 seasons due to honeymoon/friends weddings/etc. I had them for ~13 years prior to that.

So I'm real fed up with people trying to love me and spend time with me. I just want to watch my 12 (hopefully 14) 'Cuse football games in peace.

Billy's is awesome for people watching. Bros with their bros. Girls screaming out Journey and Bon Jovi (if they're not playing EDM). Old men and women in jorts trying to dance. Might be a bit of a different crowd than a Yankees game.

My dumb Mom is visting from 3,000 miles away...so I won't be in attendance. Trying to avoid dinner that evening with Mom and the in-laws as well. I don't want any postgame responsibilities.

Can't you just see them on Thanksgiving like normal people?

I’ll be there with two others.

Are folks pregaming anywhere? Where are you guys going to hang out before and after the game?

section 238. will be in section D the following weekend and Merkert lot for the Boston College game.

10 years ago I was in South Bend for the biggest upset i've ever witnessed in person. We murdered Charlie Weis that day. Coldest game i had been to since the "i wanna kiss you" Kolber/Namath Jets/Pats game. LGO!

We're 2 wins from making the long trip back to the top of the college football mountaintop.

Billy's Pro - They always have a bunch of different spots setup where you can just buy cans of beer instead of going to the bar.

Billy's Con - Yeah, that music. You can't talk to the people around you, it's that loud. Hopefully a Yankee thing that won't translate to a random Saturday in November for a football game.

Billy's Pro - They always have a bunch of different spots setup where you can just buy cans of beer instead of going to the bar.

Billy's Con - Yeah, that music. You can't talk to the people around you, it's that loud. Hopefully a Yankee thing that won't translate to a random Saturday in November for a football game.

is the bowling alley still around? i used to go there when i lived in nyc. complete dump but fantastic for cans of beers kiosks

I am in 235 as well. I hope I don’t get arrested.
235 Row 2... I'll be easy to find. Look for the guy wearing Orange.
10 right behind mark in 235 who'll I'll now be throwing snow balls at. A bunch more family in 332a, 233a, should be a ball. Tough start to the weekend but they're gonna bring it home Saturday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom