So, who's NCSt source is more accurate? | Syracusefan.com

So, who's NCSt source is more accurate?

texascpa

Living Legend
I know that arb has posted a lot of good info, much of it after discussions with his North Carolina St. source. And I appreciate everything he has posted.

That said, I was perusing the Big 12 Conference board on Scout (I know, I know) and one of the frequent posters concerning realignment is stating that his most current info on realignment is coming from an NCSt source, as well. This source is shocked at UL in the ACC and thinks the ACC is going to blow up sometime soon. http://mbd.s cout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=4582&t=11201773

Now, I'm not saying that this guys source is any better than arbs, but I find it interesting that "sources" from the same school seem to be contradicting each other. Either that or one of the "sources" is made up or not telling the truth.

I read that on the WVU board. Thought it was more speculative than anything else and opinionated

I will got with arb's source mainly because I trust him more than some "frequent" poster on the Big 12 site. His source seems to be spot on most of the time and how many times have we heard that the ACC is "gonna blow up".

It's mind boggling that rumors coming out of WVU are ever referenced. Why would any info pass through a school out on an island in the b12? A school that's butthurt over never being invited to the ACC. It's like some brainwashed episode of the Twilight Zone. I don't know who is going where, but I'm pretty sure keeping someone at WVU informed is just about on the bottom of the priority list. And even if someone was leaking things to WVU, I'm sure that source dried up long ago.

The OP was a crap post on the B12 Fantasy site...nothing more than the usual rumor fantasy. I couldn't even get through the first page of posts before exiting...I felt my brain cells were at risk.

The OP was a crap post on the B12 Fantasy site...nothing more than the usual rumor fantasy. I couldn't even get through the first page of posts before exiting...I felt my brain cells were at risk.

I feel brain cells are at risk almost every night beginning around this time, and I have never even been to that site!

:rolleyes:

The only thing I heard that came out of West Virginia that was accurate was dueling Banjos and the only thing good that came from there was an empty Grey Hound bus.

I know that arb has posted a lot of good info, much of it after discussions with his North Carolina St. source. And I appreciate everything he has posted.

That said, I was perusing the Big 12 Conference board on Scout (I know, I know) and one of the frequent posters concerning realignment is stating that his most current info on realignment is coming from an NCSt source, as well. This source is shocked at UL in the ACC and thinks the ACC is going to blow up sometime soon. http://mbd.s cout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=4582&t=11201773

Now, I'm not saying that this guys source is any better than arbs, but I find it interesting that "sources" from the same school seem to be contradicting each other. Either that or one of the "sources" is made up or not telling the truth.

Hey boys and girls...please don't put a lot of credence in that post or basically much that comes from the WVU site. You may want to go to Greg Swaim podcast yesterday and listen to it...He believes along with the DudeWVU that the ACC is done: Miami to Big 12; UVA to B1g and yadda yadda, yadda...interestingly, NOT ONE REPUTABLE SOURCE ON TWITTER OR BLOGGING HAS PICKED ANY OF THIS UP. Now my source, relative is high up in the NCState administration...going out on limb...higher than a VP okay...the ACC is not falling apart..even if one or two teams leave...and I have not said that. Most of my posts have been about Notre Dame associating and with Louisville being the choice as well as discussion on ACC digital and networking as well as the Orange Bowl agreement and ways to deliver more revenue to schools that deserve it because they are winning on the field of play...
If you pay attention to all the chatter, then how about 'Cuse ending in the eastern pod of the Pac 12...possible, I do not know.
But I can tell you that Swaim, the Dude, and MHVer3 all said yesterday-Monday was the Univ Virginia invite to B1G and announced...my ears are still waiting.
After Maryland made the decision to leave, most administrations in the ACC have locked down leaks...can it be possible that some teams leave the ACC...probably yes...will it happen in the next week...NO...will Notre Dame move closer to a full ACC--YES...is the ACC renegotiating with ESPN-YES...so don't be to jittery...'Cuse will come out okay. And by the way...the inside Joke on WVU S...t site is Tuesday at 4 PM.

If nothing happens with teams bolting...the longer all teams stay in the ACC...the better and more opportunity that the ACC will be around for many more years...ENJOY 'Cuse bball for now...I will have an update when there is something to talk about.

I feel brain cells are at risk almost every night beginning around this time, and I have never even been to that site!

:rolleyes:

By the way Mark good to be with you again (seems we had something going at KFC until the BE imploaded). Daughter is doing great (started 5 games this season for Centenary) and played in all but two (illness). Hope you and your family are doing well and to everyone else personal message on the open board I know but then again I am on my third Scotch!

:crazy:

By the way Mark good to be with you again (seems we had something going at KFC until the BE imploaded). Daughter is doing great (started 5 games this season for Centenary) and played in all but two (illness). Hope you and your family are doing well and to everyone else personal message on the open board I know but then again I am on my third Scotch!

:crazy:
Hopefully a single malt...however, you may find Jack and Coke to do you better...need four or five to go out on limb.

You may want to go to Greg Swaim podcast yesterday aid yesterday-Monday was the Univ Virginia invite to B1G and announced...my ears are still waiting.

I think omni had the best take on UVA to the B1G. It is likely if not an absolute certainty that UVA was approached about membership when UMD was accepted and obviously turned them down since they went with Rutgers. Why say yes now? What has changed? UMD is still gone. Would they turn their backs on UNC/Duke just because of Louisville's entry? That's not to say that UVA to the B1G can't happen but tell us why it's going to happen now. Swaim and the Dude make it seem like the B1G is rolling out its plans piecemeal, that it's following a a carefully laid out script. If UVA was ready to move, why bother following the script? Those two have yet to answer that question.

Hey boys and girls...please don't put a lot of credence in that post or basically much that comes from the WVU site. You may want to go to Greg Swaim podcast yesterday and listen to it...He believes along with the DudeWVU that the ACC is done: Miami to Big 12; UVA to B1g and yadda yadda, yadda...interestingly, NOT ONE REPUTABLE SOURCE ON TWITTER OR BLOGGING HAS PICKED ANY OF THIS UP. Now my source, relative is high up in the NCState administration...going out on limb...higher than a VP okay...the ACC is not falling apart..even if one or two teams leave...and I have not said that. Most of my posts have been about Notre Dame associating and with Louisville being the choice as well as discussion on ACC digital and networking as well as the Orange Bowl agreement and ways to deliver more revenue to schools that deserve it because they are winning on the field of play...
If you pay attention to all the chatter, then how about 'Cuse ending in the eastern pod of the Pac 12...possible, I do not know.
But I can tell you that Swaim, the Dude, and MHVer3 all said yesterday-Monday was the Univ Virginia invite to B1G and announced...my ears are still waiting.
After Maryland made the decision to leave, most administrations in the ACC have locked down leaks...can it be possible that some teams leave the ACC...probably yes...will it happen in the next week...NO...will Notre Dame move closer to a full ACC--YES...is the ACC renegotiating with ESPN-YES...so don't be to jittery...'Cuse will come out okay. And by the way...the inside Joke on WVU S...t site is Tuesday at 4 PM.

If nothing happens with teams bolting...the longer all teams stay in the ACC...the better and more opportunity that the ACC will be around for many more years...ENJOY 'Cuse bball for now...I will have an update when there is something to talk about.

Which Tuesday of what week and year.You need to be more clear,like the "Dude" or "ette".
'

Which Tuesday of what week and year.You need to be more clear,like the "Dude" or "ette".
'
For fun...go to dudewvu twitter...we now have UVA, UNC, Pitt, NCState, FSU etc all going maybe somewhere, possibly...not sure but it happened yesterday...what a headache...best comedy routine ever...eventually have to be right...sometime in the future.

The rumor mill now has the UVA board all stirred up about the Big Ten Conference again. I certainly hope it is not true. That is one boring conference that we have nothing in common with. Games in Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, and Nebraska have zero appeal. I like the ACC strategy of an east coast conference. The Big Ten is a midwestern conference and should stay there. I won't miss College Park at all. I'm worried that the Big Ten will try to seduce us with the CIC research consortium. That would suck for athletics. Over half the Penn State crowd hate that conference because they don't fit. It would be worse for us.

By the way, I enjoy your posts. I found an interview with the Clemson AD talking about collaberation with other conferences on a TV network. He just casually mentions it with no detail. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Longhorn Network or the SEC network. The ACC has to do something to close this revenue gap and the perception it causes.

Here's the Link to it: http://www.thestate.com/2013/01/20/2596491/new-ad-bullish-on-clemson-acc.html

The rumor mill now has the UVA board all stirred up about the Big Ten Conference again. I certainly hope it is not true. That is one boring conference that we have nothing in common with. Games in Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, and Nebraska have zero appeal. I like the ACC strategy of an east coast conference. The Big Ten is a midwestern conference and should stay there. I won't miss College Park at all. I'm worried that the Big Ten will try to seduce us with the CIC research consortium. That would suck for athletics. Over half the Penn State crowd hate that conference because they don't fit. It would be worse for us.

By the way, I enjoy your posts. I found an interview with the Clemson AD talking about collaberation with other conferences on a TV network. He just casually mentions it with no detail. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Longhorn Network or the SEC network. The ACC has to do something to close this revenue gap and the perception it causes.

Here's the Link to it: http://www.thestate.com/2013/01/20/2596491/new-ad-bullish-on-clemson-acc.html

An ACC-SEC network collaboration makes a ton of sense especially with the overlap in Florida, South Carolina and now Kentucky. I would add Georgia as well, but I think the FSU, Clemson and Louisville probably command a stronger statewide fan base than GT (though I could be completely mistaken). The collaboration would basically ensure that Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia along with good chunks of Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, DC and Indiana are covered under the network. The combination of power programs between the conferences along with the presence of Notre Dame and Syracuse could more than challenge the BTN as far as NYC interest.

Obviously just speculation, but it would make sense.

Did you know you just said twice that teams will leave the ACC?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I will got with arb's source mainly because I trust him more than some "frequent" poster on the Big 12 site. His source seems to be spot on most of the time and how many times have we heard that the ACC is "gonna blow up".

Isn't it odd that all the speculative information from 'reliable sources' about the ACC "blowing up" is coming from B12 boards or B12 'insiders'. I smell agenda. And penis envy.

For fun...go to dudewvu twitter...we now have UVA, UNC, Pitt, NCState, FSU etc all going maybe somewhere, possibly...not sure but it happened yesterday...what a headache...best comedy routine ever...eventually have to be right...sometime in the future.
It was a silent verbal.

Seems to me that there are some in the Big 12 launching an underground PR campaign to destroy the ACC. Figuring if they can spin it up enough thru social media in today's listen to anyone that types sports world, then maybe they can plant the idea in the heads of those that matter. Very grassroots. They tried once before but the smart people didn't take the bait. Trying again after the Maryland defection.

Seems to me that there are some in the Big 12 launching an underground PR campaign to destroy the ACC. Figuring if they can spin it up enough thru social media in today's listen to anyone that types sports world, then maybe they can plant the idea in the heads of those that matter. Very grassroots. They tried once before but the smart people didn't take the bait. Trying again after the Maryland defection.

Do you really believe that? They may think so but it is pretty silly. That's why I don't get all worked up over what these guys say. I am pretty sure the Swoffords and Slives of the world as well as University Presidents don't pay one iota of attention to any of this chatter. It has zero impact on any decision whether they are right or wrong.

Do you really believe that? They may think so but it is pretty silly. That's why I don't get all worked up over what these guys say. I am pretty sure the Swoffords and Slives of the world as well as University Presidents don't pay one iota of attention to any of this chatter. It has zero impact on any decision whether they are right or wrong.

Would be funny if Swofford was in the ACC bunker trying to figure out a way to silence the Dude and Swaim.

edl_war_room-full.jpg

Swaim consistently says that his source is someone in the Big 12 office. So if he can even be believed on that point, then it wouldn't surprise me that the person is throwing stuff out there to move a discussion needle in his favor.