Soccer jersey? | Syracusefan.com

Soccer jersey?

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
Our soccer jersey is badass and now my kids want one for Christmas or their birthday. I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere, is anyone aware of where you can purchase a replica jersey?

My buddy emailed the AD today about this. Apparently there’s a supply chain issue and we won’t have them until January. JW apologized and said he’s disappointed as well.

I messaged Rachel Duffy as well. Got the same answer. I wonder… did they sell out because of the success? I’d be willing to bet they were never available and we’re now scrambling.
They did have them at one point in time. My son gave me one for Xmass 3 years ago.

True story: I did not wear it to any of this season's first few games. They were playing great and looking better and better. Thus, being superstitious, I decided I could not wear it this season. But I know right where to find it. Wonder if can wear it now.

They did have them at one point in time. My son gave me one for Xmass 3 years ago.

True story: I did not wear it to any of this season's first few games. They were playing great and looking better and better. Thus, being superstitious, I decided I could not wear it this season. But I know right where to find it. Wonder if can wear it now.
Yes they definitely had them in the past. But did they have them this year with that script? Nice look for sure.

My son wanted an SU soccer Jersey Christmas 2020. I looked high and low for one - no one was selling them. I finally found one. Was looking for another one again a few months ago - no one from the campus store to Manny’s, Fanatics etc - nothing, only a used medium (he’s a large). Strange how difficult it has been to get any.

My son wanted an SU soccer Jersey Christmas 2020. I looked high and low for one - no one was selling them. I finally found one. Was looking for another one again a few months ago - no one from the campus store to Manny’s, Fanatics etc - nothing, only a used medium (he’s a large). Strange how difficult it has been to get any.
It is an iconic jersey and I am glad they were able to wear it throughout the NCAA tournament. That kind of cemented it in the minds of new Syracuse soccer fans and made it wildly popular.

Hope they get them in stores soon. Big missed opportunity because they would make an awesome Christmas gift for many if they were in stores.

Can you imagine how many Sinclair jerseys would be sold - thousands.
If SU can get these jerseys in the NIL store, they will be a big money maker. Not sure if you add jerseys for all the starters, the seniors, just the star player (guess that is Johnson).

Maybe you focus on the best player who will be returning next season, which is probably Nate.

But they should get the striped SU soccer jerseys in this store ASAP.

If SU can get these jerseys in the NIL store, they will be a big money maker. Not sure if you add jerseys for all the starters, the seniors, just the star player (guess that is Johnson).

Maybe you focus on the best player who will be returning next season, which is probably Nate.

But they should get the striped SU soccer jerseys in this store ASAP.
I think the way this will be done is every student-athlete will have their own "store" - they will need to decide what products to offer. I would think jerseys are pretty generic so all of them will offer a jersey as a product.

Last edited:
I think the way this will be done is every student-athlete will have their own "store" - they will need to decide what products to offer. I would think jerseys are pretty generic so all of them will offer a jersey as a product.
Yes, I assume the jersey they sell will be personalized with their number (don't think they had names on them).

It will be interesting to see how many players offer personalized jerseys. And if the generic waldo jerseys will be available from the SU book store or Manny's as well.

I would just as soon spend an extra $10 and get some money in one of the player's pockets. This is more like how I wish NIL actually worked.

To my knowledge the only actual soccer jerseys are ones that were sold by the team or a group representing the team to raise $$- probably about 5 years ago. Very limited time to order and we missed it by a week. Then about 3 years ago they sold game worn jerseys- again very limited. Hot lucky and got one.

The only other jerseys I’ve seen are champion brand knock offs. Hope they
are talking “real “ jerseys coming, not these. We’d buy at least two.

Yes, I assume the jersey they sell will be personalized with their number (don't think they had names on them).

It will be interesting to see how many players offer personalized jerseys. And if the generic waldo jerseys will be available from the SU book store or Manny's as well.

I would just as soon spend an extra $10 and get some money in one of the player's pockets. This is more like how I wish NIL actually worked.
I think I read somewhere that college football players get less than 4%.

From a tweet I read - so it has to be true. /s

Fanatics sells a replica college athlete jersey for $140. Athlete earns a 4% royalty rate ($5.60). But wait! Then, OneTeam takes its cut of 30% for organizing the group licensing deal. The athlete is left with $3.92. It's better than 0%, but nobody will make bank at SU under this agreement.

Manny's had them in youth sizes this fall. Maybe check their website.

I think I read somewhere that college football players get less than 4%.

From a tweet I read - so it has to be true. /s

Fanatics sells a replica college athlete jersey for $140. Athlete earns a 4% royalty rate ($5.60). But wait! Then, OneTeam takes its cut of 30% for organizing the group licensing deal. The athlete is left with $3.92. It's better than 0%, but nobody will make bank at SU under this agreement.
I suspect one of the reasons Syracuse and other schools are setting up NIL stores for athletes is to address this kind of situation.

Hopefully the athletes will get a better deal when they get offers directly and can pick the most attractive ones themselves. Guessing this is a tough jersey to make and that might make this harder to make a lot of cash on.

Anything improbably better than nothing though and it is nice that the athletes have some control over things when it is their name or number on the jersey.

I suspect one of the reasons Syracuse and other schools are setting up NIL stores for athletes is to address this kind of situation.

Hopefully the athletes will get a better deal when they get offers directly and can pick the most attractive ones themselves. Guessing this is a tough jersey to make and that might make this harder to make a lot of cash on.

Anything improbably better than nothing though and it is nice that the athletes have some control over things when it is their name or number on the jersey.
I can tell you from experience that the personal apparel deals pay much better. Talked to a couple of athletes when we put our profit sharing in place with the SyraCRUZ project and they were receiving 25 - 30% of retail which is pretty good when you consider average cost of goods is 50% and retailer eats all unsold product. Enrique did a little better than that with us, btw

They haven't sold an official Nike in close to a decade and that only happened because the soccer team needed to raise money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom