Some Duke hate | Syracusefan.com

Some Duke hate

Well, they're probably not wrong about what and how they were treated.

But, guess what........you're a 5* and want to assure you won't get recruited over or have to take a back seat to someone considered a better prospect than you,

then choose one of the other 345 Division I colleges not named Duke or Kentucky where the 5* they land will be the highlight of their recruiting season and possibly the top recruit they've landed in several years. You choose the rat race, you have to run with the rats.

If a school isn't upfront and honest about who they're recruiting and will be bringing in, I think they have a legit gripe and certainly have a right to speak out about it. Don't have Duke's perspective on this and we likely will not ever get "their side of the story".

I have no respect for anything that anyone associated with Wendell Carter has to say.

That guy had no business playing college basketball.

I'm for anything that hurts Duke's shady recruiting.

This guy has no place in the modern NBA. He is a non-athletic big who is the real reason Duke had to play zone last year...not Bagley. To keep fat boy's ass on the court they had to play almost exclusively zone. how is he going to be able to guard anybody in the NBA who isnt a 5?

This guy has no place in the modern NBA. He is a non-athletic big who is the real reason Duke had to play zone last year...not Bagley. To keep fat boy's ass on the court they had to play almost exclusively zone. how is he going to be able to guard anybody in the NBA who isnt a 5?

Carter had 76 blocks and 30 steals. Bagley had 29 and 27 and couldn't guard the Pick and Roll against St. Johns of all teams.

SMH, people like this ruin team sports. Those clown ass parents would’ve been happier if the TEAM was worse, and their kid got to shoot more.

Really wish all of these type of people would get their kids involved in individual sports like tennis or something and leave basketball to the people who “get it”.

I have no respect for anything that anyone associated with Wendell Carter has to say.

That guy had no business playing college basketball.

How so? I wasn't familiar with his recruitment.

Because he and his mother had a $100 lunch with an agent while he was a junior in HS and then didn't end up signing with that agency once he hit the NBA

Lol relax. Fat boy?

I can't claim to be, either, but if memory serves, leaks about the FBI/Adidas investigation had his mother taking money.

If I'm off-base, I'm open to correction.

If a school isn't upfront and honest about who they're recruiting and will be bringing in, I think they have a legit gripe and certainly have a right to speak out about it. Don't have Duke's perspective on this and we likely will not ever get "their side of the story".

In an ideal world, I agree with this. I also understand that a parent is always going to see a situation involving their kid in a different light than anyone else will see it. I also love when Duke gets some negative press.

Having said all that, this woman needs to stop. The slavery comment was far worse but honestly, these kids are professionals from somewhere around 15 or 16, if not earlier. None of this is hidden -- coaches go get the best players they can and K and Cal build entire rosters full of frosh year in and year out. Kids reclassify all the time.

Understand the business you're in and act accordingly. Pick a different school if this is the issue. And if you're going to have gripes with the school you chose, at least make sure they're legitimate gripes. This is just a woman who wants attention and has built her entire identity on her son being a star basketball player. The kid is a stud, good for him. But if you're constantly banking on validation from everyone else in the world, you'll never fill that void.

I can't claim to be, either, but if memory serves, leaks about the FBI/Adidas investigation had his mother taking money.

If I'm off-base, I'm open to correction.

It was a $100 lunch lol. He's not Ayton or Bowen

Carter had 76 blocks and 30 steals. Bagley had 29 and 27 and couldn't guard the Pick and Roll against St. Johns of all teams.
Carter stands in the middle of the zone when they are both out there.. of course he’s going to have an easier time accumulating stats ..

SMH, people like this ruin team sports. Those clown ass parents would’ve been happier if the TEAM was worse, and their kid got to shoot more.

Really wish all of these type of people would get their kids involved in individual sports like tennis or something and leave basketball to the people who “get it”.
Except in an individual sport the excuse/problem would be the officals (making biased calls against him) or the league. It would never be their darling little money makers fault at holding him back. Just maybe to find the real problem, look at the family photo on the wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom