Some Legit Targets Due to... | Syracusefan.com

Some Legit Targets Due to...

Symphony Steve

All American
newly-created coaching vacancies. And, yes, there ARE some.

From Auburn:

Cameron Artis-Payne, JUCO RB from Santa Maria, CA. Currently attending...Milford Academy.

Jahmere Irvin-Sills, Scout 3-star CB from Elkton, MD. Same school as Isaiah Johnson.

Tashawn Bower, Scout 4-star DE from Somerville, NJ. SU has offered.

From Boston College:

Ummm, nobody?? I tried, I really tried to find someone, anyone, but couldn't.

From North Carolina State:

No SU offers, but I'd at least sniff around:

Jerod Fernandez, OLB From St. Mary's, FL. One of NC State's few recruits with decent offers outside of the deep south.

Tylar Reagan, Scout 3-star OG from Jacksonville, FL. Long offer sheet, including UConn.

From Purdue:

Johnny Thompson, Scout 3-star DE/SLB from Winder, GA. SU has offered.

I think Bower will end up at buttgers.

Johnny Thompson is probably a name to watch. He's a LB and clearly we need linebackers cause we're offering Juco's now. The juco's are more for immediate contributions but we still need depth at this position.

I think Bower will end up at buttgers.

Jeremy Thompson is probably a name to watch. He's a LB and clearly we need linebackers cause we're offering Juco's now. The juco's are more for immediate contributions but we still need depth at this position.

Rumor is Thompson may de-commit from Purdue...some Clemson folks were buzzing about it as they are still looking for DE's after Nkemdiche de-commited

Rumor is Thompson may de-commit from Purdue...some Clemson folks were buzzing about it as they are still looking for DE's after Nkemdiche de-commited

I'll double check but pretty sure SU is a non-starter for him now ...

I'll double check but pretty sure SU is a non-starter for him now ...
Yeah none of the guys on that list are really "legit targets" but Thompson might be the closest and it doesn't look like we'll be considered moving forward.

Yeah none of the guys on that list are really "legit targets" but Thompson might be the closest and it doesn't look like we'll be considered moving forward.

I know for a fact we aren't at the top of the list, I won't say anymore than that.

By the way good call on J-Rome getting to 1000 yards ... I had my doubts but he really stepped it up.

ATH Lemond Johnson - Cooper City, FL
From the 25th,
As for Johnson’s commitment to Auburn, he’s sticking by the program for now.

“I was pretty set on going there, but now I’m going to have to stay open to other options,” Johnson said. “I want to see what happens with the rest of the coaching staff and go from there.”

Johnson said he received a call from Vanderbilt on Sunday and would look into the Commodores, along with LSU. He holds offers from Indiana, South Florida, Illinois, Central Florida, Boston College and several others.

“I’m going to see what happens this week and maybe I’ll think about scheduling a couple of officials,” Johnson added. “Right now I am waiting.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncf..._/id/11546/lemond-johnson-on-hold-with-auburn

Doesn't look like an SEC burner to me.

FWIW (probably not much), there is one Cincy recruit with an SU offer: Michael Traylor-Bennett, a 6-3, 193-lb. WR from Reynoldsburg, OH.:

http://bearcatsnation.com/2012/06/1...-mykel-traylor-bennett-verbals-to-cincinnati/

He calls Cincy his dream school, plus he'd likely be more apt to go to Purdue with the coach who recruited him than reopen recruiting. Offered by Cincy, SU, Minny, and MAC schools.

Still, probably worth a phone call.