Some postgame Duke/Syracuse thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Some postgame Duke/Syracuse thoughts

jekelish

Living Legend
That was one of the worst offensive performance I've seen from a Syracuse team in ages. Here's the scary part: Duke is only a mediocre defensive team. Monday night, we play the team that, statistically, is the very best defensive team in the country. That does not bode well for our chances against the Hoos.

You cannot expect to win when you miss so many shots, and when you're not missing shots, you're turning it over and fumbling away breakaway opportunities. Especially when, at the other end, you let Duke grab 16 offensive rebounds while you only get 18 DEFENSIVE rebounds. We literally gave Duke a second chance on roughly 50% of all misses at their end. That's never going to end well.

http://.com/offensive-offense-for-syracuse-against-duke/

why limit your critique to offense? duke scores at will on second chance rebounds.

why limit your critique to offense? duke scores at will on second chance rebounds.
...which I talked about for the better part of 2 paragraphs.

Can anyone on this team finish a breakaway layup? Good grief how many did we miss. All of the above observations are correct...terrible turnovers, bad shooting, missing open looks, inability to get a defensive rebound, giving up tons of second chance points. Rak got dominated by Okafor on both ends of the floor. When you play a superior team all your flaws get exposed.

I'm not sure we're as bad as we looked tonight. We couldn't possibly be. That was one of the most painful games to watch......simply painful. Offense sucked (and that is extremely generous), Duke played with our defense...made it look horrendous. Once Rak came out we should have just gone to man for the fun of it. They sliced up that zone. Luckily they were missing threes early I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom