Something that actually stunk more than our play | Syracusefan.com

Something that actually stunk more than our play

Nicknack

All Conference
The commentators last night were absolutely atrocious. I'm really not that hard to please so when the broadcast is so bad that I turn the volume down, there is a problem. It was like those two bozos thought they were being paid to have a chat with each other than report on what was happening live.

The commentators last night were absolutely atrocious. I'm really not that hard to please so when the broadcast is so bad that I turn the volume down, there is a problem. It was like those two bozos thought they were being paid to have a chat with each other than report on what was happening live.
Light years better than the morons who did the USC game this weekend.

I thought Pasch and Fraschilla were fine and always are. Consider the fan base very fortunate they weren't mocking our play and ineptitude which they certainly could've. Even Bilas would've found it difficult to bite his tongue, I bet. There wasn't much to talk about re: Syracuse that was anything good.

I like Pasch especially with Walton, and Fran knows a lot about the game, but I am not a fan of listening to him on commentary.

Just a preference.

Commentators reflect the quality of our team's play. There wasn't much good to be said.

Fran Fraschilla is the kind of guy where his name matches perfectly with his voice.

I like both those guys (Fran's an especially underrated color guy who I'm happy to see), but they were in full-on Syracuse Cliche Mode last night. Not their finest hour.

I like Pasch especially with Walton, and Fran knows a lot about the game, but I am not a fan of listening to him on commentary.

Just a preference.
I can't stand Walton but I would have liked him last night. He would not have been talking about the game, as usual. And last night, that would have been fine with me.

I felt like their B1G/Wisconsin bias was noticeable, too.

Pasch and Fraschilla only wanted to talk about the back stories to players and teams and in general, BS rather than follow the game.

I contacted ESPN at half time and asked them to tell the announcers the same thing.

r.jpg

I like Fran. I thought they sort of had to go to filler material since we weren't even competitive outside of about 10 minutes leading up to half time. I did find it wierd that their bumper graphics were all "You're watching the B1G on ESPN". Found that odd.

I like Fran. I thought they sort of had to go to filler material since we weren't even competitive outside of about 10 minutes leading up to half time. I did find it wierd that their bumper graphics were all "You're watching the B1G on ESPN". Found that odd.
At one point there was about 6-7 minutes of them just talking about themselves and not about what was happening in the game at all. I said to myself "Why aren't they talking about the game"! and then soon realized they were just doing us a favor.

It had to have been the C production team there last night, I don't how many times a graphic popped up that was completely wrong. They had SU in the bonus early in the first half (Wiscy was), a couple of runs, x minutes without a FG graphics were wrong

At one point there was about 6-7 minutes of them just talking about themselves and not about what was happening in the game at all. I said to myself "Why aren't they talking about the game"! and then soon realized they were just doing us a favor.

Exactly. Some people are too much of homers and too stupid to realize this. We should be thankful. I mean, what do you think Pasch and Fran did when they took off their headsets? They were probably wondering what the hell they just saw and how can a major D1 program throw that kind of slop out there. I've never seen anything like it on both sides of the ball, frankly. I get that there are new roles but offense is offense. That should be somewhat of a constant, IMO. Basketball 101. We can't make even the simplest of basketball plays.

It had to have been the C production team there last night, I don't how many times a graphic popped up that was completely wrong. They had SU in the bonus early in the first half (Wiscy was), a couple of runs, x minutes without a FG graphics were wrong

I wondered why Wisc was shooting a 1-1 while SU had the bonus graphic :)

Pasch and Fraschilla only wanted to talk about the back stories to players and teams and in general, BS rather than follow the game.

I contacted ESPN at half time and asked them to tell the announcers the same thing.

That's exactly what I had an issue with last night. Fran was by far the worst of the two. Also, what I'm talking about (especially) is when the game was well in reach - in fact they were doing this on our run to get it to two points. It simply didn't matter what was happening on the court - they had stories to tell!

I thought you were going to say the deuce you fired off during halftime.

Ha... not so fast my friend. I started the extracurricular activity before the game - it wasn't just at halftime!

I like both those guys (Fran's an especially underrated color guy who I'm happy to see), but they were in full-on Syracuse Cliche Mode last night. Not their finest hour.

Yeah, this sums it up. I kind of like them both, or at least have no major issues, but I thought they did sort of suck last night for whatever reason.

Now, those two we had for South Carolina, I'm not sure how they have jobs. My god. That was some bad announcing.

I didn't think they did a good job either but to be honest I was in such a bad mood watching the game that was probably the problem.

Once again tonight during the UNC game was the B1G graphics. Really curious what that was all about.

Pasch was doing the Newhouse thing of trying so hard to sound unbiased that he won't actually say anything about anything. He even stooped so low to make a joke about Cuse hitting all of their free throws. Tired old narratives. And Fran was busy talking about all the "lottery picks" at Duke. Then they starting talking about Big Ten football during the live game. Then Fran so smugly espoused his views on Fidel Castro, Colin K, and athletes who don't think like him. Anything but call the game. Can we get a "Gillon eyes his defender, fakes right and goes left.. off the backboard and in. Syracuse down 7" straight into the next play. And when they talk about the game, do they have to constantly pick it apart. Can they just say what hapoened and give some color?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom