Song to break out of tunnel to pump everyone up... | Syracusefan.com

Song to break out of tunnel to pump everyone up...

SigChiChef

Walk On
It's been talked about before but I've never seen or thought of the perfect song to play as the team comes out of the tunnel. Its a huge missed opportunity to get the fans in there earlier and get everyone engaged&pumped up.
I remember coach Fran mentioning that he was open to any suggestions from fans especially those that can make players money. That got me thinking, there must be a few players on the team that are interested in making there own music. Have them create an original song solely for the reason to bust out of the tunnel and get everyone excited. Maybe collaborate with the band, maybe with an alumnus with music experience ex.*Rony Seikaly.
Make the song available to stream for a cost, produce a few other songs too, sell CDs etc...
There's endless spin off ideas to make some money from this. A Syracuse NIL original.
Remember " Shut it down" was that rob Murphys basketball song?
Thoughts?

I think the fans need to be familiar with the song to get the full effect.
I think SU should license Born to Run. It works for FB, both BB teams and lacrosse teams. The great SU teams are about run and gun.
For FB, just having great runs up on the screen: Brown, Little, Davis… Joe Morris opening KO in the Dome, not to mention Dar Dar and Missle’s many returns, Micheal Owen’s, Rob Moore fly pattern vs PSU, etc.
That would get the crowd pumped up.

I think the fans need to be familiar with the song to get the full effect.
I think SU should license Born to Run. It works for FB, both BB teams and lacrosse teams. The great SU teams are about run and gun.
For FB, just having great runs up on the screen: Brown, Little, Davis… Joe Morris opening KO in the Dome, not to mention Dar Dar and Missle’s many returns, Micheal Owen’s, Rob Moore fly pattern vs PSU, etc.
That would get the crowd pumped up.
I agree especially with your first statement
But great things sometimes take a little time.
I feel true fans will become familiar with it quickly.
The rest will follow in time. I love Bruce and born to run but it doesn't get me fired up, create a time of it's own for that song, not busting out of the tunnel. Edit:
Keeping an open mind maybe born to run would at least get everyone engaged, perhaps that's the right battle to win.

Last edited:
This is a great topic.

We also need to realize that it will take time for it to develop and catch on

I know Syracuse really wants to develop SOMETHING that will hype the crowd and the players.

Let’s use this as a space for some suggestions, ideas etc

This is a great topic.

We also need to realize that it will take time for it to develop and catch on

I know Syracuse really wants to develop SOMETHING that will hype the crowd and the players.

Let’s use this as a space for some suggestions, ideas etc
My suggestion seems pretty good in my opinion. It is at least the start of a very good idea. Anyone else have an idea or is there mostly bullies here?

Full disclaimer I am a forty year old out of touch white guy

Get Low - Lil Jon

Mr Bright side - The Killers

Get ur Freak On - Missy Elliott

Empire State of Mind - Jay Z

Jesus Walks - Kanye

Hot in Herrre - Nelly

Last edited:
Commissioning musical artists to create versions of the SU fight song in other musical genres would be interesting. Down the Field as a Celtic rock song might be worth it - and pretty much every song sounds good when done by a metal band

Commissioning musical artists to create versions of the SU fight song in other musical genres would be interesting. Down the Field as a Celtic rock song might be worth it - and pretty much every song sounds good when done by a metal band

I LOVE THIS!!

We've reached the point in the offseason when people show their limited taste in music... And their ages.
Please explain what was so funny about OP...just curious

My ideas are so funny and bad, professionals that get paid to make these decisions are using them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom