South Carolina clobbered Michigan today, 61-46 | Syracusefan.com

South Carolina clobbered Michigan today, 61-46

I'm going to try and catch the 2nd half of this after I get home

Michigan in the bits I've seen of them have looked really good. if south carolina can even just stay with michigan and keep it close, then we'll know sc is legit and we'll have to bring our A game to beat them.

That being said, i predict michigan beats SC by 3 and we beat them by 10.

Michigan in the bits I've seen of them have looked really good. if south carolina can even just stay with michigan and keep it close, then we'll know sc is legit and we'll have to bring our A game to beat them.

That being said, i predict michigan beats SC by 3 and we beat them by 10.
They beat Michigan. We beat them by 17 SWEET

I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this game, but it's today at 5pm on ESPNU and should be a tough test for the Gamecocks and a good opportunity to scout them.
Thanks! I look forward to checking them out.

With UConn and Georgetown not being very good, I'm really hoping that South Carolina can be a quality non-conference win for us. They're up 8 in the 2nd half right now.

South Carolina is a one-trick pony -- all out pressing to generate turnovers, which lead to easy scoring opportunities.

Zero cohesive half court offense -- they are all one-one-one slop. I think they'll struggle against zone.

The are relentless on the offensive boards, which partially offsets their subpar offense.

We'll need to man up on the boards. And I'm also a bit concerned [slightly] about our starting lineup and how poorly suited to attacking the press it is. Otherwise, I think we're a bad matchup for them.

South Carolina looks good. Michigan is decent this year with Irvin, Walton Jr.and Robinson but not one of Beilein's best teams. Still, it's looking like the Cocks will be a test. I have a wedding Saturday at 3. I'll be on pins and needles.

South Carolina is a one-trick pony -- all out pressing to generate turnovers, which lead to easy scoring opportunities.

Zero cohesive half court offense -- they are all one-one-one slop. I think they'll struggle against zone.

The are relentless on the offensive boards, which partially offsets their subpar offense.

We'll need to man up on the boards. And I'm also a bit concerned [slightly] about our starting lineup and how poorly suited to attacking the press it is. Otherwise, I think we're a bad matchup for them.

Haven't watched that closely. Flipping around and watching UConn. Not sure USC has much quality guard play. They do have some bangers inside, like you said.

With UConn and Georgetown not being very good, I'm really hoping that South Carolina can be a quality non-conference win for us. They're up 8 in the 2nd half right now.

Not that worried about our non-conference resume this year. Monmouth will hopefully turn out to be a useful win too. We do have some teams that will be terrible RPI teams like SC St.

Haven't watched that closely. Flipping around and watching UConn. Not sure USC has much quality guard play. They do have some bangers inside, like you said.

Speaking of USC's guards, they had a familiar name [Duane Notice], who I believe we once recruited.

Mind-boggling stat: with 4 minutes left in the game, Michigan has 1 assist.

I haven't seen any of the game, is Mich shooting 20 pct because they are a bad shooting team, or is it the sc def?

I watched a good part of this game. The Gamecocks have a very tenacious defense. They played some zone as well which didn't look too shabby. The Wolverines couldn't buy a basket. Probably a combination of SC defense and just poor shooting.

The Gamecocks "crash" the offensive boards so we will have to be very mindful of that. I'm really looking forward to what should be our first real test of the season.

That's a good win for South Carolina, Michigan has 2 top 50 RPI wins (Marquette & SMU) already this season. Glad they won, it'll look good when we beat them.

SC looks solid, and Thornwell is the real deal, but Mich was atrocious today - hard to take too much away from that game... they really don't appear to have a legit scorer besides Thornwell, though

That awful Frank Martin is their coach. He has always struck me as abusive. Scary.

By the way, is it really true that our game will not be televised?

best bring it Saturday . gamecocks struttin'

blue-velvet-dennis-hopper.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom