South Florida | Syracusefan.com

South Florida

talent wise they were the 3rd best team we played, never as bad as people thought based on early issues, just mis coached. go back now and say how bad a game we played on the road down there and replay the bad stuff that happened that had nothing to do with plays on the field when the game was still in doubt. a fumble and a late PF mistakes made by the young kids

I count 5 players on the USF roster who were 4 star recruits out of HS. They're out recruited us the last 4 years in a row. Talent wise USF would be middle of the pack in the ACC. In that respect they are the worst kind of group of 5 team for us to play.

Irony: When Cuse announced the home n home with USF...100% of us thought we did well to get USF vs. UCF. If we played UCF this year we'd be 4-6 right now.

Irony: When Cuse announced the home n home with USF...100% of us thought we did well to get USF vs. UCF. If we played UCF this year we'd be 4-6 right now.

I can't believe how horrible UCF is. I saw a bit of their game last night. They looked like a team that threw in the towel

Can we hire Willie Taggart?? Oh yeah, season 3 for him. Team is getting better as season rolls on.

I don't get the Syracuse scheduling of USF and UCONN to be honest. We play FSU and Clemson every year. Over the next few years we have LSU, ND, Wisconsin...why do we over-schedule and add another team from a lesser conference that is essentially an"equal" to us? A program that is on the same level as us. There is nothing to gain by beating them and playing them helps them more than it helps us. If Syracuse wins, who cares you beat a non-P5 school. If you lose, then you just lost to a non-P5 school and it helps them recruit as a program as they can point to that win as, hey why go to Syracuse, yeah they might be in the ACC but we beat them and we are the better football program. There is nothing to gain for SU by playing these teams. Go Schedule Ball St or Eastern Michigan and take the guaranteed win. Not like when USF comes to the Dome next year you will have 35,000 fans. It's gonna be empty anyway. So if the place is gonna be empty regardless, might as well schedule a win!

And if we are scheduling USF to play one more game in Florida to help with recruiting down there, go schedule Florida Atlantic or Florida International...a much easier game and a likely win. No need to play USF!

Just like several of our losses, we left that one on the table. We undermined our own efforts with a couple bad decisions.

I don't get the Syracuse scheduling of USF and UCONN to be honest. We play FSU and Clemson every year. Over the next few years we have LSU, ND, Wisconsin...why do we over-schedule and add another team from a lesser conference that is essentially an"equal" to us? A program that is on the same level as us. There is nothing to gain by beating them and playing them helps them more than it helps us. If Syracuse wins, who cares you beat a non-P5 school. If you lose, then you just lost to a non-P5 school and it helps them recruit as a program as they can point to that win as, hey why go to Syracuse, yeah they might be in the ACC but we beat them and we are the better football program. There is nothing to gain for SU by playing these teams. Go Schedule Ball St or Eastern Michigan and take the guaranteed win. Not like when USF comes to the Dome next year you will have 35,000 fans. It's gonna be empty anyway. So if the place is gonna be empty regardless, might as well schedule a win!

And if we are scheduling USF to play one more game in Florida to help with recruiting down there, go schedule Florida Atlantic or Florida International...a much easier game and a likely win. No need to play USF!
Schedule a SWAC team

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom