Southerland--1st rounder? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Southerland--1st rounder?

For crying out loud, if Fab can get drafted in 1st round, JS is a shoe in. I know, Fab is bigger and a 5. But still...
Fab's a raw, 7 foot, center with huge defensive upside. NBA teams will always take a change on those players, because they don't come around often, and could pan out.

I love JS!! But, no chance at all he goes in the 1st round.

But...

YOUR WRONG!

The dude is extremely tall.

He is a great athlete (see his sister for proof.)

He rebounds well. Dion and Joseph rebounded like complete wimps compared to Big Game.

His defense is good (sorry Boeheim isn't on the court as a 6th defender you can only credit the zone and not the players so much these guys actually are good on D its not just Jimmy
s coaching.)

And he's lights out from 3.

DO ONE ANYONE WHO THINKS HE WON'T GO FIRST ROUND SAME CRAP AS PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT THIS TEAM AND BT/MCW SUCKED AND WOULD LOSE FIRST ROUND ME AND BIG GAME WILL LAUGH AT YA WHEN HE GOES 20-25 in the draft!!!!

I mean why the couldn't Waiters or Joseph grab a rebound for us to save their lives? Southerland gets boards much better than both of them.

People got to stop hating saying our boy Southerland isn't going first round its ing embarrassing.

Oh, and this draft is weak as hell and stinks after the 10th pick. Course he'll sneak in the first round if we beat Michigan and he plays well.

I mean why the couldn't Waiters or Joseph grab a rebound for us to save their lives? Southerland gets boards much better than both of them.

Waiters was a guard. Not sure why you'd comp the two.

Who knows what is going to happen in the draft. I wouldn't expect Southerland to go first round, but anything can happen.

Waiters was a guard. Not sure why you'd comp the two.

Who knows what is going to happen in the draft. I wouldn't expect Southerland to go first round, but anything can happen.
I think the nba guys think he's borderline right now, but he will likely wow at camps, testing and move up. This is an incredibly weak draft

Put Southerland on a team like the Miami Heat and he would get all kinds of open jumpers. Teams that space the floor and have guards who can penetrate will love having a Southerland on the floor.

Southerland fits in perfectly in this new age of the NBA. Look at the Knicks and Heat. James is 6'8, freak athlete who can shoot lights out with unlimited range and is a good rebounder. We dont know how he would be m2m but by how much ground he covers in the zone and his athletic ability, I would imagine a good team would easily take a flyer on him mid to late first round. Will they, who knows but hes definitely not someone who shouldnt be considered in the first round, espeecially in this draft class. The Knicks play Melo at PF and when he goes out, he's replaced by Steve Novak...let that sink in. Due to injury Chris Copeland backed up Tyson Chandler last night...