Southerland situation... | Syracusefan.com

Southerland situation...

Wow so not academic related. Good to hear the 50/50 though

Wow so not academic related. Good to hear the 50/50 though
That's not what Jake said. He said not an issue with last semester's grades.

That's not what Jake said. He said not an issue with last semester's grades.

Maybe fab found him a few papers relating to James's courses this semester and he already turned them into the professor.

Academic Support dropped the ball. Damn, I hate it when that happens. Next time Southy should call Robert Ludlum.

thanks jake as always appreciate you offering a little nugget of info. hoping for a resolution that includes js suiting back up. is there any possibility this could result in a foreiture of previous wins?

I genuinely understand why the people in the know on this board are vague when they have behind the scenes info, but it Is one of the most frustrating things to deal with when starved for info. I'm picturing the aforementioned going "nah nah nah nah nah... I know something you don't know," as they stick their tongue out.

Didn't a player/his prep school have credential issues not to long ago? Could this be the problem?

Any type of "student-athlete" needs minimum number of credits toward their certain major. My guess is Syracuse/Southerland picked the wrong major. But how that happens is anyone's guess.

Any type of "student-athlete" needs minimum number of credits toward their certain major. My guess is Syracuse/Southerland picked the wrong major. But how that happens is anyone's guess.

Yea - sounds like he is not in line to graduate with current credits and now they are looking to see if there is a combination of courses that he can take that will make it possible. If impossible - then he's done. If possible, then I expect them to load 'em up, of course not really caring whether he shows up or not, since the whole thing will be moot by the 2nd week of April in any case.

Yea - sounds like he is not in line to graduate with current credits and now they are looking to see if there is a combination of courses that he can take that will make it possible. If impossible - then he's done. If possible, then I expect them to load 'em up, of course not really caring whether he shows up or not, since the whole thing will be moot by the 2nd week of April in any case.

That assessment doesn't really fit in with, "It's not a case of someone sleeping at the wheel in academic support." If he wasn't on track to have enough credits for his major, they would have seen this coming.

That assessment doesn't really fit in with, "It's not a case of someone sleeping at the wheel in academic support." If he wasn't on track to have enough credits for his major, they would have seen this coming.
I can't think of anything that fits Jake's description that has a happy ending

I can't think of anything that fits Jake's description that has a happy ending

Well let's wait for the appeal and see what happens. It just sucks this will drag out for like a month while they review the "issue".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom