Speed of the QB reads | Syracusefan.com

Speed of the QB reads

upperdeck

Living Legend
when you re-watch last week, you can see that Mahoney was fine on plays where he made the first read and that was the place to throw.. When he had to go to the 2nd-3rd read he was much to slow, his footwork was slow and the ball came out late and usually high. Some of the key plays in the game were just throwing to open guys too late and in accurately.. I think thats what Coach was so upset about.. Wake was not defending that well we just didnt execute in a timely fashion .. then you add in some complete mis-reads when guys were wide open.

Still Mahoney has 2 of the top 10 passing days of all time. What does that say about the system. He also has 2 of the top 3 games in attempts and was 2 dropped balls away from 2 of the top 3 in completions..

Rex?

I kid, I kid ;)
tumblr_nyqxaw28tk1qa9yc1o1_400.gif

Means somebody's gonna put up gaudy numbers
I am hoping it’s going to feel like going from Tajh Boyd to DeShaun Watson. Not in styles but from going from one of the most productive QBs in a schools history to THE most productive QB in the schools history!

Not that I have high hopes or anything...

PS. How do you feel about the weapons he will have whether it be next year or the year after?

I am hoping it’s going to feel like going from Tajh Boyd to DeShaun Watson. Not in styles but from going from one of the most productive QBs in a schools history to THE most productive QB in the schools history!

Not that I have high hopes or anything...

PS. How do you feel about the weapons he will have whether it be next year or the year after?
We have plenty of weapons td will throw with them all off season that's what he does

when you re-watch last week, you can see that Mahoney was fine on plays where he made the first read and that was the place to throw.. When he had to go to the 2nd-3rd read he was much to slow, his footwork was slow and the ball came out late and usually high. Some of the key plays in the game were just throwing to open guys too late and in accurately.. I think thats what Coach was so upset about.. Wake was not defending that well we just didnt execute in a timely fashion .. then you add in some complete mis-reads when guys were wide open.

Still Mahoney has 2 of the top 10 passing days of all time. What does that say about the system. He also has 2 of the top 3 games in attempts and was 2 dropped balls away from 2 of the top 3 in completions..
Tried watching the game again but really sick of all the wide camera angles. I really don't care about the formations or even where the ball is, I just want to see close-ups of the QB all game, like really close, like oh-my-god-I-can-see-his-pores close. Another thing. Could they take the camera out of the perch by the coaches booth and start filming from the press box. Looks so much better with a really low angle. Any way, yeah, I tried.

Nice observations upper deck...would love to have seen how the coaches taught up Mahoney this week on his reads...not surprising based on his snaps that particular aspect of his game was weaker...the game slows down for a player the more reps he gets...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom