Sports card collecting | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Sports card collecting

Holy crap I just looked at the PSA site - $150 a card?!?!?

Glad I got out when I did lol.
PSA has turned into the ultimate greed machine with HORRENDOUS customer service.

PSA has turned into the ultimate greed machine with HORRENDOUS customer service.
Yeah not kidding I used to get 15 cards graded for that price. That nuts.

Yeah not kidding I used to get 15 cards graded for that price. That nuts.
They would not honor a PAID platinum membership of mine. I will not use them ever again!!!

They would not honor a PAID platinum membership of mine. I will not use them ever again!!!
It makes sense to me as to why though - did some research and Collector's Universe was bought out by 2 private equity firms in 2020. So I know what they're doing and why they're doing it, but man that is pretty harsh for the small time collector.

It makes sense to me as to why though - did some research and Collector's Universe was bought out by 2 private equity firms in 2020. So I know what they're doing and why they're doing it, but man that is pretty harsh for the small time collector.
They are alienating many people ..not just small time collectors. I have the #1 all time set in one vintage FB year set and about 5 or 6 in the the top 10. These sets were built by repeated submissions on my part. I couldn't even begin to guess how many cards I submitted and paid memberships I had. GREEEEEED....I will not use PSA anymore!!!

PLUS>>>>>>they are far from perfect. ( won't even get into turnaround times) I submitted the exact card to them 3x.....and got 3 different grades on the same card. I kept breaking it out and resubmitting until I got the grade I wanted and expected on my 1st submission.

A few weeks back when I was going through my cards I came accross some MLB "Tattoo" cards from the 1980's. You would wet the sheet and paste the image to you.

I tatoo'd Willie Hernandez to my arm because of the fro he had. Didn't work much anymore just got a blotch of colouring on my arm -- but on a positive my arm did not get infected in any way either.

1632176650909.png

I believe my other choice was Davey Lopes, but I went with the MVP!

Last edited: