Sports Center top 10 | Syracusefan.com

Sports Center top 10

Love the enthusiasm. But it was Rhode Island. They are slower and not as football intelligent as any D1 team will be.

Love the enthusiasm. But it was Rhode Island. They are slower and not as football intelligent as any D1 team will be.
You are right, RI is certainly not a team to be boasting about beating to much, but seeing our guys make these kind of athletic plays is great. When was the last time Cuse football made the top 10 twice in one game? This keeps us relevant in the eyes of recruits, it shows them we have play-makers up here and they should consider joining them.

Now if we see something similar next week versus Wake I'll be down right giddy.

So we're going to get this same bullsh!t comment in every thread about the game. MY GOD...WE ALL KNOW IT WAS JUST RHODE ISLAND! Practically every program in the country has scheduled an opening game of a similar type to ease their players into season. I wonder if I look at other message boards if I will see our type of knee-jerk negativity. I'm excited about what I saw last night. Do I think we're winning the league or going to the playoff...no, but I do see a talent increase that bodes well for the future. LET'S GO ORANGE!

You are right, RI is certainly not a team to be boasting about beating to much, but seeing our guys make these kind of athletic plays is great. When was the last time Cuse football made the top 10 twice in one game? This keeps us relevant in the eyes of recruits, it shows them we have play-makers up here and they should consider joining them.

Now if we see something similar next week versus Wake I'll be down right giddy.

It is great and I watched a majority of the game yesterday. I believe I turned it off with 8:00 left in 4th.

I don't want to ruin anyone's happiness from last nights win, but to think that these kids are playmakers because they did it against kids that were glaringly inferior in speed and just sheer size. Well they will just be in for a rude awakening when we play LSU.

Rage4CUSE said:
It is great and I watched a majority of the game yesterday. I believe I turned it off with 8:00 left in 4th. I don't want to ruin anyone's happiness from last nights win, but to think that these kids are playmakers because they did it against kids that were glaringly inferior in speed and just sheer size. Well they will just be in for a rude awakening when we play LSU.

Thanks for the hot tip captain obvious

It is great and I watched a majority of the game yesterday. I believe I turned it off with 8:00 left in 4th.

I don't want to ruin anyone's happiness from last nights win, but to think that these kids are playmakers because they did it against kids that were glaringly inferior in speed and just sheer size. Well they will just be in for a rude awakening when we play LSU.
LSU plays Miss State and Auburn the two weeks before they come to the Dome. Those are divisional elimination games for them.

I don't have any doubt that things will be much different versus bigger schools, but four seasons ago we barely snuck out a win vs RI by the score of 21-14. Its just nice to see guys who can capitalize on smaller, weaker opponents instead of playing down to their talent level.

The detractors are assuming that we can't tell the difference between URI and LSU? What.

My expectations are as follows:

5-7 wins.
Offense starts out bad.
Hunt goes down.
3 wins max.
Dungey and other freshman play really well.
5-7 wins.

No one is saying "wow we destroyed URI, watch out Clemson!"

I wonder if I look at other message boards if I will see our type of knee-jerk negativity.
You would; we like to thinks so, but our fan base actually is not unique.

The detractors are assuming that we can't tell the difference between URI and LSU? What.

My expectations are as follows:

5-7 wins.
Offense starts out bad.
Hunt goes down.
3 wins max.
Dungey and other freshman play really well.
5-7 wins.

No one is saying "wow we destroyed URI, watch out Clemson!"

I'm saying watch out Clemson.

But I'm talking about 2017.

I actually thought that the insane change of direction, 360 move that Hill used would've been in the top 10.

That was straight up video game stuff.
When I saw this thread title, Hill's 360 was my thought. That was straight up Barry Sanders!

Don't disagree, but results against lower level teams has some correlation with results against better teams - I also see this in BB.

Last edited:
I'm saying watch out Clemson.

But I'm talking about 2017.

I honestly wish our team could fast forward to 2017. The maturation of all these young kids, minus the OL (which I think is make or break this season and has digressed since Adam has taken over), should come to full fruition that season. Let's hope, at least.

I want gifs of the Erv self tip, and the Hill spin move. I can't find any :(.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom