St Johns vs New Jersey Institute of Technology | Syracusefan.com

St Johns vs New Jersey Institute of Technology

NJIT up 10 with 10 min left.

The good news is that the rest of St. John's opponents this season are all Power Conference or legitimate mid-major opponents. So the embarrassing losses to obscure opponents should come to an end after today.

The bad news is that they may not win another game the rest of the way.

Last edited:
I'm still mystified at losing to SJU...Incarnate Word is a really bad team literally about 1/2 mile from my house. NJIT was a laughing stock 5 years ago,

I'm still mystified at losing to SJU...Incarnate Word is a really bad team literally about 1/2 mile from my house. NJIT was a laughing stock 5 years ago,
Irrational, irreplicable shooting day.

Irrational, irreplicable shooting day.

let people just pass the ball around a zone and set themselves up for a shot they can step into, and you may get a different result than if you dictate where the ball can go.

The zone is the great equalizer. It allows us to beat teams we should lose to, and it allows teams to beat us who have no business even competing.

I think that year they lost to Lemoyne playing man was sort of a Gulf of Tonkin situation.

The STJ Euro dudes can make perimeter shots if they have lots of space and time. They shoot poorly when guarded closely without space and time. Other teams seem to know that and get up on the shooters right in their grill. We apparently misinterpreted the scouting report that they are poor shooters and we played soft off their shooters the entire game expecting they would start missing. Maybe JB changes strategy, who knows. Terrible loss on our resume.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom