Staats practicing - knee injury - game time decision for UNC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Staats practicing - knee injury - game time decision for UNC

I'll be surprised if he plays again this year.

A kenn injury that lasts this long tends to be serious.

OrangeXtreme said:
Well, doubtful is better than out. Maybe next week.

Where does it say doubtful?

Well, doubtful is better than out.

Maybe next week.

Hes been doubtful for three weeks now. The fact he can't play this game tells me he is either done for the year or wont be 100% even if he eventually makes it back. If hes missing a game against Thompson and Oakes hes got more then a tweak of his knee. If hes not back for UNC we might as well announce hes lost for the year, to late for a medical redshirt to.

Also the fact that Desko isnt giving any sort of a timetable or indicating he is at least progressing is alarming. Of all the areas we could afford an injury he has to go down. :bang:

I agree with all above - this does not sound promising at all. We'd better get used to a Staatless team for the rest of the year. Any run we get from him will be gravy.

Syracuse lacrosse attack Randy Staats could return at North Carolina, coach John Desko says (PS: Mink)

Syracuse, N.Y. — Syracuse lacrosse attack Randy Staats is getting closer to returning to the field.

The senior has missed the previous two games because of a lower-body injury and is unlikely to play Thursday night against No. 9 Albany.

A return could come the following week at North Carolina, coach John Desko said Tuesday afternoon.

"He's working pretty hard, just saw him, getting better," Desko said. "I doubt you'll see him Thursday, but he's getting better and we're shooting for Carolina right now."

The goal has to be to have him ready for May, hopefully with a 1 or 2 seed intact.

Well positive news for a change, at least he is practicing which ends the speculation about it being season ending. Stil wish it was probable he was going to play Saturday vs "Hopeful". Good news is that with the long layoff he still has 3+ days plus most of Saturday to continue with treatment etc. If he misses Saturday I wonder if it would be best just to hold him out until the ACC tournament at that point which would be another 2 weeks off. No sense in rushing him back for Hobart (If we can beat Duke and Albany without Staats im pretty sure we can beat Hobart).

It is good news and I am hopeful that he will make the trip to Chapel Hill. This will help to keep the chemistry in place. Our attack seems to thrive on their ability to play off each other. Barber does have the connections with Donahue from high school but Randy definitely can bring something if the offense breaks down. He pulls out some passes and plays that few players can replicate.

Barber does have the connections with Donahue from high school but Randy definitely can bring something if the offense breaks down.

Randy replacing Tim at attack also upgrades our midfield by default. Barber back running on the middie line gives us some needed depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom