Stanley Cup | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Stanley Cup

You play your division 4 times.
The other division 3 times.
It’s not like the schedules were loaded with more cupcakes.
Boston, Toronto were better than Washington and Pittsburgh.
Tampa is a solid favorite over Washington but it’s hockey either could win.

Lol no, Boston and Toronto were not better. When was the last time Boston has beaten the Caps? It’s been years. We freaking own them. You want to look at point totals and say one team is better than another, that is such bs. Get real.

Suuuure...

Two teams that have already been eliminated are better than a team that just took out the two time defending champs, in their building.

Remains to be seen about Tampa but if Holtby keeps this level of play up the Caps will be an extremely tough out. Banged up and all.
They were eliminated because the system is stupid for seeding.
Just like last year when Washington and Pittsburgh were 1-2 in points and faced in the second round.
Boston has the best line in hockey
Pasternak-Bergeron-Marchand and Tampa has the D to beat them.

I think Tampa wins this series with their depth and speed.

Lol no, Boston and Toronto were not better. When was the last time Boston has beaten the Caps? It’s been years. We freaking own them. You want to look at point totals and say one team is better than another, that is such bs. Get real.
Head to head doesn’t matter.
Boston owned Tampa in the regular season like Washington owns Boston but Tampa won in playoffs.
Boston has more depth than Washington so not sure how just points being more is all.
Boston has a lot of youth and established vets who won a cup and got to another cup final.
Their goaltender is good but not elite.
Washington wasn’t as good this year.
I will take the Boston core in the future over Washington’s.

The bottom 4 teams in the east are all in the same division, the Atlantic. It’s really not difficult to see which of the two divisions is more competitive.

Head to head doesn’t matter.
Boston owned Tampa in the regular season like Washington owns Boston but Tampa won in playoffs.
Boston has more depth than Washington so not sure how just points being more is all.
Boston has a lot of youth and established vets who won a cup and got to another cup final.
Their goaltender is good but not elite.
Washington wasn’t as good this year.
I will take the Boston core in the future over Washington’s.

Washington is still playing. Bruins are golfing. Leafs golfing.

Caps just took out the pens with a bunch of Hershey Bears in the line up. Tell me more about our depth.

Can’t ever root for a red jersey team led by a Russian.

I loathed the 90s Red Wings with all of their communist raised ov’s (Fedorov, Larionov, etc). I hope the Bolts pound Ove.

And Holtby has been a perenal playoff bust.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

I do enjoy the Caps knocking out Cindy Crosby and making it farther than the Bruins and Queafs.

Suuuure...

Two teams that have already been eliminated are better than a team that just took out the two time defending champs, in their building.

Remains to be seen about Tampa but if Holtby keeps this level of play up the Caps will be an extremely tough out. Banged up and all.

penguins were not that good this year . and were missing huge pieces.

penguins were not that good this year . and were missing huge pieces.

Ahhh, of course. They suck. Since the Caps ended up winning.

Which huge pieces exactly?

Caps/ Vegas is the only answer for the finals. Winnipeg/ Tampa bay would be simply atrocious viewing for the casual observer. I know I won't watch any of it. That said, with the NHL it will be exactly that

Caps/ Vegas is the only answer for the finals. Winnipeg/ Tampa bay would be simply atrocious viewing for the casual observer. I know I won't watch any of it. That said, with the NHL it will be exactly that

While Washington/Vegas would be exciting, I think Winnipeg and Tampa would be a great series too. Tampa is the only team of the four who has won the Stanley Cup before. Washington has been to the Stanley Cup Finals once in their history and lost. Winnipeg has never been this far before, even in their former iteration, which moved to Phoenix. Obviously, we know about Vegas.

I’m not sure how many casual hockey fans there are. All four teams have played very well this season. I don’t really care which two teams make it. Whoever it is will have earned it. Also, don’t underestimate the Canadian viewers. Not sure how popular the Jets are up there, but no team from Canada has won in 25 years.

Hope you watch regardless of who is playing. You’ll be in for some good hockey.

While Washington/Vegas would be exciting, I think Winnipeg and Tampa would be a great series too. Tampa is the only team of the four who has won the Stanley Cup before. Washington has been to the Stanley Cup Finals once in their history and lost. Winnipeg has never been this far before, even in their former iteration, which moved to Phoenix. Obviously, we know about Vegas.

I’m not sure how many casual hockey fans there are. All four teams have played very well this season. I don’t really care which two teams make it. Whoever it is will have earned it. Also, don’t underestimate the Canadian viewers. Not sure how popular the Jets are up there, but no team from Canada has won in 25 years.

Hope you watch regardless of who is playing. You’ll be in for some good hockey.
I love hockey. But I love playoff hockey more

Tampa Winnipeg would send bettman to the nearest bridge.

I think Tampa wins this series with their depth and speed.

Your track record in this thread is really something else.

Everyone please continue to sleep on the Caps!

it's not like baseball where you play each team in your division 19 times. the bruins , leafs, and lightning also had to play two other really good teams 4 times . i think all three of those teams are better than washington and pittsburgh.

Caps in 5

Your track record in this thread is really something else.

Everyone please continue to sleep on the Caps!
Dude the bleeping Bruins won game 1 in Tampa shut up and wait.
My god it’s hockey anyone can win any game.
Jeez.
If one game is a series congrats. Wait till they win to troll. If they lose to Tampa I won’t waste time clapping back as I won’t care.

Dude the bleeping Bruins won game 1 in Tampa shut up and wait.
My god it’s hockey anyone can win any game.
Jeez.
If one game is a series congrats. Wait till they win to troll. If they lose to Tampa I won’t waste time clapping back as I won’t care.

If you were capable of giving the caps any credit at all I’d leave you alone. It’s too easy to troll in this situation. You catch that game last night? Caps were in complete control. Chased Tampa’s starting goalie. Pretty emphatic start to the series.

Without Nick Backstrom lol but we just don’t have the depth.

6-1 on the road in the playoffs. 3-3 at home, With two of those L’s with Grubauer in net.

Letting the caps get whatever they want on the PP isn’t a strategy that will work out for Tb.

NBC showed the mass migration to the exits after the Caps scored their 6th goal.

My friends and I used to have a standing joke about that stuff at the old Capital Centre. There was a stoplight at Central Ave., near the parking lot exit. The Caps were playing the Rangers and the game was tied with about 2:00 to go and people started leaving in droves. I said to my friends, "Where are they going? There are still 2:00 left." One of them replied, "The light must have turned green on Central Ave." After that, whenever a mass migration out of the stands occurred, we would all say, "And the light turns green on Central Ave.!" So when I saw that last night, I assumed that there was a similar light near the Tampa arena's parking lot and it had just turned green.

The Caps are the most skilled team left and are incredibly well coached. We are going to win it this year. Sorry haters.

We’re 3-0 without Nick Backstrom. Just pumped Tampa twice in their building. Refs gifted Tampa two power plays early in game 2 and they capitalized. Other than that, the Caps have surrendered one goal 5 on 5 through two games on the road. Stingy.

Not sure a lot of Caps fans or casual fans in general understand what they are seeing happening in front of them.

Alsacs got any More predictions buddy?

Since falling to 0-2 vs Columbus the Caps are 10-2 in these Playoffs.

The Caps are the most skilled team left and are incredibly well coached. We are going to win it this year. Sorry haters.

We’re 3-0 without Nick Backstrom. Just pumped Tampa twice in their building. Refs gifted Tampa two power plays early in game 2 and they capitalized. Other than that, the Caps have surrendered one goal 5 on 5 through two games on the road. Stingy.

Not sure a lot of Caps fans or casual fans in general understand what they are seeing happening in front of them.

Alsacs got any More predictions buddy?

As someone who doesn’t have a rooting interest in any of the four remaining teams, I admit the Caps look really good. I think they get by Tampa but I wouldn’t underestimate either of the two teams left in the West. The Jets had the second best record points wise in the regular season and knocked out the only team(Nashville) better than them. They are a really tough out. Vegas has just been incredible in its first season. They have played the whole season like they have nothing to lose. There’s no quit in them.

I think we are in for a great Stanley Cup Final either way. Good luck to your Caps. I don’t care who wins. Just looking forward to watching some great matchups.

I feel like in football you draft QB's until you get a good one. whereas, in hockey maybe you draft goalies until you get a good one. I lived in buffalo for the dominic hasek run. most of the guys seem interchangeable if you have a goalie get hot.

We have ourselves a series! Didn’t think Tampa would even things up after losing the first two at home. Pretty impressive. Looks like a 7 game series to me. Looking forward to Game 5.

We have ourselves a series! Didn’t think Tampa would even things up after losing the first two at home. Pretty impressive. Looks like a 7 game series to me. Looking forward to Game 5.
Playoff Hockey any team can win any game.
All four of the teams left could win it all.

Why would it make it terrible viewing? Winnipeg and Tampa Bay play quality styles of hockey.

Will it hurt the ratings. Sure, people choose to watch sometimes based on the name of who is playing, but the game itself would be no worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom