Stanley Cup | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Stanley Cup

We have ourselves a series! Didn’t think Tampa would even things up after losing the first two at home. Pretty impressive. Looks like a 7 game series to me. Looking forward to Game 5.

It's the Capitals. That is what the Capitals do. They blow leads.

I am cheering for the Caps to win the series (I would like to see Ovechkin get it for his legacy), but I am deeply amused by the Capitals fan in this thread who calls people haters if they dare suggest they may lose. So what if you think they are the better team. When has that ever mattered for the Capitals?

It's the Capitals. That is what the Capitals do. They blow leads.

I am cheering for the Caps to win the series (I would like to see Ovechkin get it for his legacy), but I am deeply amused by the Capitals fan in this thread who calls people haters if they dare suggest they may lose. So what if you think they are the better team. When has that ever mattered for the Capitals?

Yeah, I found it quite amusing since Washington is great almost every season and then blow it in the postseason. It’s almost comical by now. It’s not hard to suggest they might lose because that’s what they do every single year. I don’t have anything against them personally, but as a Rangers fan, it won’t upset me if they lose.

I’ll be cheering on Vegas for the rest of the playoffs. It’s quite remarkable what they are doing in their very first season. If they win the Stanley Cup, it will have to rank pretty high on the greatest achievements in sports history list.

It could be former Crunch players vs. the team with the former Crunch announcer.

500-1 preseason odds back in August. I didn’t put down any bets but now wish I had. The payout is going to be huge if the Golden Knights win.

500-1 preseason odds back in August. I didn’t put down any bets but now wish I had. The payout is going to be huge if the Golden Knights win.
Back in the past, there was some sort of proviso to the Nevada sports betting law about not being allowed to bet on events taking place in Nevada. Was that just college events? Did it get totally repealed?

I don’t know if the Caps could have played any better tonight. Effort, skill, physical, goaltending. They had it all.

Vasilevsky was out of his mind again and the only thing that prevented a 7-0 running of TB out of the building.

Should be a great game 7. Lets go Caps!

I don’t know if the Caps could have played any better tonight. Effort, skill, physical, goaltending. They had it all.

Vasilevsky was out of his mind again and the only thing that prevented a 7-0 running of TB out of the building.

Should be a great game 7. Lets go Caps!
TB goalie kept that game from being blowout city.

Love Game 7's. Pulling for OV and the Caps to buck their trend of choking and advance to the Finals.

TB goalie kept that game from being blowout city.

Love Game 7's. Pulling for OV and the Caps to buck their trend of choking and advance to the Finals.
Unless they get like a 2-0 lead and then lose 3-2, I won't call the Caps' losing game 7 a choke. Game 7's are crapshoots and Tampa did have a better regular season record than the Caps.

Unless they get like a 2-0 lead and then lose 3-2, I won't call the Caps' losing game 7 a choke. Game 7's are crapshoots and Tampa did have a better regular season record than the Caps.

The Caps have a history of choking....like winning the Presidents Trophy and getting knocked out by Pens etc.

I'm not saying that losing to the Bolts in Game 7 is a complete choke job but their window is closing with their current core.

The Caps have a history of choking...like winning the Presidents Trophy and getting knocked out by Pens etc.

I'm not saying that losing to the Bolts in Game 7 is a complete choke job but their window is closing with their current core.
Completely agree. The housecleaning is on the horizon, the only question is when it happens, not if.

The Caps have a history of choking...like winning the Presidents Trophy and getting knocked out by Pens etc.

I think if they lost last night it was right up there in the history books of Caps chokes.

If they lose tomorrow, as my pal (ok, he doesn't know who I am) Steve Czaban said, it's more heartbreak than choke. Better team will have won on their home ice. Last year's game 7 against the Pens was an epic choke job. Game 7 at home, no Crosby, no excuse for losing.

What were the odds of Vegas winning the Cup? Interesting it just happen to be a team from Vegas that would be the first to do so. The Blues in 66 don't count since all the expansion teams were in the west.

What were the odds of Vegas winning the Cup? Interesting it just happen to be a team from Vegas that would be the first to do so. The Blues in 66 don't count since all the expansion teams were in the west.
I believe 500-1

Congrats to the Caps good job erasing some baggage and winning the East.
Dominate game 6 and 7.

Vegas-Washington is an interesting final. Crazy the Knights as an expansion franchise will have home ice advantage in the Finals.

Caps dominated play for massive stretches during the series. Demonstrated they were without question the better team. Glad some people were amused I was quite confident in a team and sport I know a lot about. They backed it up.

I appreciate hockey, but don't watch much of it. That said, the Stanley Cup playoffs are, to me, the best minute by minute sporting event there is. Throw in an OT where one or both goalies are standing on their heads (hockey term:)) and just sit back and enjoy.
Should be a great finals.

I would rather be competing for and winning president's trophies than being the perennial doormat the Sabres are.

Past history in the playoffs meant nothing. This Caps team was written off by everyone to start the year, based on the team they had last year that couldn't get it done, and the players they lost.

"We are not going to be suck this year." -Alex Ovechkin ... before the season started. He was right.

Congrats to the Caps good job erasing some baggage and winning the East.
Dominate game 6 and 7.

Vegas-Washington is an interesting final. Crazy the Knights as an expansion franchise will have home ice advantage in the Finals.

Please pick Vegas to win.

Completely agree. The housecleaning is on the horizon, the only question is when it happens, not if.

What housecleaning? I hope you are not suggesting getting rid of Barry Trotz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom