Starting Right Now... | Syracusefan.com

Starting Right Now...

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
We need to start working to make the Spring Game an EVENT. New approach. New attitude about the game and its role in energizing the fan base. I'd like to see 20,000 people there, including 10,000 kids. How do we get there?

I don't know why a lot of people don't go because I absolutely love going to the spring games.

Bring back Troy Nunes to do some magic tricks between plays.

i dont get it either. the spring game is wonderful. I can't for the life of me figure out why we cant at least get 12k to them. Give away free otto crap to the kids..give away a free beer to the adults and open concessions...they will more than make up the free stuff with more food/beer purchases cause we all know you can't just have one beer. Lets make this happen Dr. Gross.

When they close the doors I'm gonna kick your ass.

We need to start working to make the Spring Game an EVENT. New approach. New attitude about the game and its role in energizing the fan base. I'd like to see 20,000 people there, including 10,000 kids. How do we get there?

fix the autograph session. 20 mins for a thousand kids to stand in line for a autograph, didn't work last year. Make it more like a mixer after the game kids can get an autograph and adults can meet some of the players and coaches.

someone's gotta have a connection to a beer distributor that would want to sponsor a tailgate.

someone's gotta have a connection to a beer distributor that would want to sponsor a tailgate.

New York's Official Tailgate.

If the event is free, make sure the concession stands only hand out plastic butter knives.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Starts with HCSS. He's gotta make sure people know they are wanted there...and make sure we know why we want to be there.

fix the autograph session. 20 mins for a thousand kids to stand in line for a autograph, didn't work last year. Make it more like a mixer after the game kids can get an autograph and adults can meet some of the players and coaches.
I love that idea!

When I was young I was a huge St. Lawrence hockey fan and every year they had a "skate with the Saints" event. Basically each kid (or adult) was given a program and they got to skate around with the players, talk to them and get autographs. I loved going to all the games, but that night was always the highlight of the season for me.

Great line of thinking, All4.

I would reach out to the local school districts. I understand that the spring game isn't a ticketed event, but provide a voucher for each school in the district that the schools with the three highest attendances each receive $5k from the University for computers, text books, athletic equipment, instruments for band or whatever. Get young people and their families there.

I will work with our school's administration to get transportation for our JV and Varsity football teams. My boys would enjoy it. And believe it or not, at least half of them have never been to the dome and we're only 20 minutes away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom