Statue of quitters? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Statue of quitters?

"As a major in the 82nd Airborne during World War II, three times he jumped into combat, and for it they gave him the Silver Star, the Bronze Star, four battle stars and a presidential unit citation. And a Purple Heart."

I'd say Old Ben had the right to be whatever the hell he wanted to be.
Yes he did, and he was out of touch, I don't think anyone here was bashing his military record and outstanding service.

No statue please!
Well if they must build it, put it alongside the mural of Sacco and Vanzetti. Because it has a lot more to do with ideology and politics that it has to do with football.

Some Sacco and Vanzetti supporters might feel the statue trivializes the mural, but it certainly doesn't belong near the other statues of athletes. This memorializes not playing sports.

Yes he did, and he was out of touch, I don't think anyone here was bashing his military record and outstanding service.
Out of touch? Then how did the players that were actually part of the team accomplish what they did? Ben didn't agree with the walk offs and he didn't give them control of the team. Imagine that, a coach that didn't cow-tow to dissidents (a nicer word than mal-contents or divisive players). They lost - the team won. Who was really out of touch?

This is totally politics. Politics suck!!!

Well if they must build it, put it alongside the mural of Sacco and Vanzetti. Because it has a lot more to do with ideology and politics that it has to do with football.

Some Sacco and Vanzetti supporters might feel the statue trivializes the mural, but it certainly doesn't belong near the other statues of athletes. This memorializes not playing sports.

Point taken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom