Statute of Limitations? | Syracusefan.com

Statute of Limitations?

pearl31

in cahoots
From what I'm hearing/reading, the NCAA is apparently citing transgressions going back to 2002 or so. And now we're hearing/reading that they're about to bring the hammer down for those transgressions.

A) I seem to remember seeing something about what amounts to a statute of limitations in terms of what the NCAA can penalize schools for. Something like 5 or 7 years? Is that not the case?

B) Related to 'A', hasn't the NCAA also tried recently spare current athletes punishment from past transgressions?

Yours,
TiredSadDisgusted Syracuse Fan

From what I'm hearing/reading, the NCAA is apparently citing transgressions going back to 2002 or so. And now we're hearing/reading that they're about to bring the hammer down for those transgressions.

A) I seem to remember seeing something about what amounts to a statute of limitations in terms of what the NCAA can penalize schools for. Something like 5 or 7 years? Is that not the case?

B) Related to 'A', hasn't the NCAA also tried recently spare current athletes punishment from past transgressions?

Yours,

The investigation started April 1870. It's been a long slog but the power of government will prevail!

The investigation started April 1870. It's been a long slog but the power of government will prevail!
It's not the government, though. It's a collection of self-aggrandizing, holier-than-thou, narcissistic morons. Not to say the government doesn't resemble that . . . .

It's not the government, though. It's a collection of self-aggrandizing, holier-than-thou, narcissistic morons. Not to say the government doesn't resemble that . . . .
It's actually run by the member institutions. If members don't like the way that the organization is run then they can, and should, change it.

It all serves to enrich the board members. CBB is BIG business.

Yours,
They'll never take 2003 away from me.

Yes, but when Jebediah Triche got a carriage ride home from Zachariah Coleman's mom after the famous January 17th, 1870 7-4 Syracuse victory over the Fulton YMCA team, it was a clear violation of NCAA rules. It is only fair that Franklin Howard and Moustapha Diagne pay the price for their transgressions.

they can go back as far as they want if they use lack of institutional control.
So is that the "key"? (and I'm asking in all seriousness) They just need to cite the institutional control bit and then there is no such statute?

So is that the "key"? (and I'm asking in all seriousness) They just need to cite the institutional control bit and then there is no such statute?
that is my understanding because I asked this same question a couple of months ago on this site and I asked Chris Carleson and that is what I was told

Yes, but when Jebediah Triche got a carriage ride home from Zachariah Coleman's mom after the famous January 17th, 1870 7-4 Syracuse victory over the Fulton YMCA team, it was a clear violation of NCAA rules. It is only fair that Franklin Howard and Moustapha Diagne pay the price for their transgressions.

There was also a scandal over horse feed and pig skin donated to the make basketballs.

IMO Emmert started this investigation the day the Bernie Fine scandal broke. That's a big part of the motivation.

IMO Emmert started this investigation the day the Bernie Fine scandal broke. That's a big part of the motivation.

We could always investigate his PHD. He earned it here.

Or did he?
Perhaps he has first hand knowledge... as someone who received inappropriate academic assistance. ;)

I wasn't joking either. Someone on this board or around the university has to know him. It's not like a PHD student blends in, like you can in undergrad.

It's Statue, not Statute... ;)

statue of stimulations...

strange-statues-bizarre-12.jpg

After all this time I still think the BF scandal was whole bowl of nothing. Lang owed BF a lot of money. The phone conversation was cut-n-paste job. It's amazing the BF scandal still makes the news every few months.

Hey, how about Christmas getting 35 points against Wake! I had to change the subject to clear my head!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom