still early ,but Cordy and Dowels | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

still early ,but Cordy and Dowels

If both these players are out, I think a 3 win season is in store. I don't think anyone can get that bent out of shape if we don't get much more than that.

3 corners and 3 safetys still have to make it through 10 more games healthy. Don't believe that to be possible at all

This is a bit extreme. Our offense alone will win 4-6 more games IMO. Sprinkle a little defense on there and the odds go up.

Is the Cordy concern due to the fact that we have no capable backups or the idea that he's a game-changer? (I know he's a popular player on this board.) Because while he's been active in the past, I've always thought he's a shaky tackler and kind of a liability in coverage. Not sure he's a great fit for the current defensive scheme.

Not a "great" fit because he's small--both in size and stature. Tough to be a SS at 5-8 185. I don't think it is a game changer, but he's got a nose for the ball and good instincts. In other words, he's the best we have.

Therein lies the rub.

This is a bit extreme. Our offense alone will win 4-6 more games IMO. Sprinkle a little defense on there and the odds go up.

I think this saturday will be very telling in how the remainder of the year goes. Might be captain obvious but we really arent sure yet what we have on either side of the ball.

Only if you have a redshirt year available.

Same thing happened with Hunt.

He redshirted in 2011.
Played in 2012 and 2013.
Played half the season in 2014.
Played 1 game in 2015.

Not eligible for a waiver. His 5 year window closed after 2015.
A special medical red shirt was requested and denied. other players both at Syracuse and other teams have been granted this red shirt.

SUbear said:
A special medical red shirt was requested and denied. other players both at Syracuse and other teams have been granted this red shirt.

I believe the key is that it has to be 2 injury seasons

Happened for Wayne Morgan and where is he this year? Oh yeah, he's injured.

Fukkin Hicks...oh wait.

I've been saying this since we joined the ACC and I will say it again - our high injury rate can be attributed to being smaller than the Ville, Clemson, and FSUs of the world. If I played football against my 5 year old, you're damn sure I'm going to take her out eventually. Most likely because she wouldn't keep her her on a swivel on specials.

I thought I read somewhere that Womack was moved to corner during Fall practice.

2 Deep says that Scissum will move to be the starter for Cordy and Hudson will replace Dowels.

Can you provide examples of players in the last 15-20 years that redshirted for non-medical reasons who were later granted a second "special medical redshirt"?

There have been plenty of cases where a player was injured after 1-3 games who were able to take a redshirt for that year, but everyone of those players had a redshirt year still available.

I can't think of any examples where a player used his redshirt and was granted a second one, unless that player was forced to miss both seasons with an injury or illness.

Can you provide examples of players in the last 15-20 years that redshirted for non-medical reasons who were later granted a second "special medical redshirt"?

There have been plenty of cases where a player was injured after 1-3 games who were able to take a redshirt for that year, but everyone of those players had a redshirt year still available.

I can't think of any examples where a player used his redshirt and was granted a second one, unless that player was forced to miss both seasons with an injury or illness.

I can't think of any cases either. we had a FB years ago that got a 6th year. I can't recall if he used his RF year but he was a coach P kid so he may have. He had multiple season ending injury's throughout.

What about Dan Conley?

I'm thinking Wayne Morgan might have a case. Hopefully Cordy gets a Redshirt year this year.

I can't think of any cases either. we had a FB years ago that got a 6th year. I can't recall if he used his RF year but he was a coach P kid so he may have. He had multiple season ending injury's throughout.

What about Dan Conley?

Kyle Johnson was the FB. He had to redshirt as a true frosh because he came here injured, and he got hurt 1 game into his Senior year.

I believe that Conley withdrew from school in 1993 for medical reasons, and petitioned the NCAA that his eligibility clock should have paused in 1993 and restarted when he returned to school in 1994. I also think the rules were different back then.

The NCAA is pretty tight about this rule the follow is the wording they have in place: "Sixth season of eligibility granted by the NCAA based on missing the equivalent of two seasons of competition for reasons beyond the student-athlete's and the institution's control." Hunt missed it by something like 1-2 games and WR Aaron Weaver also had a similar issue as Hunt both denied. I don't think I remember seeing a kid get a 6th year unless the University can prove the RS year was due to injury.

Fukkin Hicks...oh wait.

I've been saying this since we joined the ACC and I will say it again - our high injury rate can be attributed to being smaller than the Ville, Clemson, and FSUs of the world. If I played football against my 5 year old, you're damn sure I'm going to take her out eventually. Most likely because she wouldn't keep her her on a swivel on specials.
This is exactly why our injuries are getting ridiculous the last few years. How are we gonna mitigate this?

I think Cuse HAS TO recruit bigger players even if it means sacrificing 1) talent and 2) speed, just so the team can navigate a full season

you also have to ask if the kid wants to stick around for 6 yrs. we hopefully will have recruited well and he may not even be first team any more

bcubs9497 said:
Would LOVE to see them both get some snaps.

Yep, time to release the hounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom