Strategy for March | Syracusefan.com

Strategy for March

With Buddy playing this well who sits?
I let Tyus and Frank both shoot; whoever is cold after 5-6 minutes gets the hook. Buddy is a great weapon off the bench

Pray we get a path that doesn't have teams that play tough pressing defense.

Pray we get a path that doesn't have a team that has seen a bunch of zone defense.

Pray we're not the one ACC team that could play a fellow ACC team earlier in the dance if we were to advance, like has happened in the past.

Pray we make shots.

Plan on playing Hopkins and UW in an 8/9 game.

With Buddy playing this well who sits?

Depending on the matchup I would seriously consider going small. Battle is the only one who can penetrate off the dribble with any consistency, and Howard and Boeheim are much better spot up shooters. I think we should try to have all three of them on the floor for significant stretches. If they're all clicking and putting up points, roll with it. If not, adjust accordingly.

The problem is, it takes some wingspan out of the back of the zone. I'd be willing to make that trade if Buddy and Frank are playing the way they did in the second half tonight.

Above all, when Tyus comes back, move the ball like they have the last two games without him.

People have accused Frank of pounding the ball too long but Tyus can be just as much of a black hole when he's looking for a way to go to the basket.

Move the ball like we have been and he'll see more room than he has all year.

Pray we get a path that doesn't have a team that has seen a bunch of zone defense.

Pray we're not the one ACC team that could play a fellow ACC team earlier in the dance if we were to advance, like has happened in the past.

Pray we make shots.

I am done praying and we will be fine!!

Above all, when Tyus comes back, move the ball like they have the last two games without him.

People have accused Frank of pounding the ball too long but Tyus can be just as much of a black hole when he's looking for a way to go to the basket.

Move the ball like we have been and he'll see more room than he has all year.
You are on the mark.

the only teams familiar with our zone are in our conference and UW. as Blud says above, be prepared for a matchup with UW, it is such a thing the committee will do. maybe if UW wins the Pac 12 tourney they will get a seed boost, but considering how few quality wins they have, they probably will stay in the 8 area. The craziest thing is the ACC just may contain the 3 best teams in America, i will take my chances with anyone else.

Pray we make shots.

Should we just pray, then?

the only teams familiar with our zone are in our conference and UW. as Blud says above, be prepared for a matchup with UW, it is such a thing the committee will do. maybe if UW wins the Pac 12 tourney they will get a seed boost, but considering how few quality wins they have, they probably will stay in the 8 area. The craziest thing is the ACC just may contain the 3 best teams in America, i will take my chances with anyone else.
I just hate the idea of playing Hop. Makes me hopping mad! I don’t want to have to beat him and I certainly don’t want to see him beating us. Bleh.

- Alternate Tyus and Frank going 1-on-1
- Feed OB when he gets a mismatch on the block
- if Eli/Buddy is open from 3 hit him
- avoid Zion
Marek was very god at finding OB on mismatch

cropped-Ides_Of_March_by_veraukoion-e1426081847809.jpg

true friends stab you in the chest not the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom