Student manager | Syracusefan.com

Student manager

W'boro'Cuse315

All American
I must show some long overdue love to the red-headed student manager behind SU’s bench. This dude has brought non-stop energy & “juice” since the 1st exhibition. Hell, since Orange Madness. He lives & dies with every play, constantly standing, clapping, pumping his fist & yelling encouragement. He’s so animated during the player intros. During timeouts, he’s going 144 mph (shout out 721Comstock) handing out waters & towels with authority while nodding vigorously & echoing everything Autry says. I swear I saw him pick something out of Bell’s hair during one of the late timeouts. He’s always offering fist bumps that I’ve yet to see any player ignore or refuse. You can just tell the team & staff love him. He’s the fire to the long-haired Chris D’Elia lookalike’s ice & has the potential to become a star on the level of “Red Lightning”, the sprinting red-headed FSU football ball boy during the Jimbo/Jameis years. I really hope he’s a freshman so that we can all enjoy 3 more years of him. I can’t recall if we’ve ever had a manager become a walk-on (did the younger Belbey?) but I need to see this kid suit up & enter a game before he graduates. I’ve been on this board since 2011 & have never had an avatar...that’ll change soon, once I find the perfect shot. I may even buy one of Rothstein’s “Red Is The New Orange” shirts lol.

If you read this, keep being you & don’t ever change! The energy is contagious & much appreciated!

Last edited:
BUMP. This kid is a legend. Led the broadcast with his senior walk with parents & was shown in tears, overcome with emotion pregame while being dapped up by Q. Kid brought the juice behind the bench per usual tonight, going bonkers with every big play just as he has all year. The broadcast cut directly to him multiple times. I had never seen him prior to this year & am sad to learn that he’s apparently graduating. You’ll be missed, man!

Agree with everything. If SM Red isn’t a first ballot student manager hall of famer, then knock down the Student Manager Hall of Fame and start over again.

Congrats to SM Red. We don’t know his name but we know his heart.

Legend.

Andrew Amell is the gentleman you are referring to from the Watertown area who was one of the senior managers.

He had a cousin (Emily) play on the woman’s lacrosse team several years back.

Great family! I’m close friends with his uncle who you may have seen with me at the infamous SyraCruz tailgate.

Last edited:
Andrew Amell is the gentleman you are referring to from the Watertown area who was one of the senior managers.

Great family! I’m close friends with his uncle who you may have seen with me at the infamous SyraCruz tailgate.
Will he come back for a 5th year with a little NIL? :)

Oh, wow. I recall Emily on the WLax team. Took draws. Played HS at General Brown.

Thanks for the info. Please, if possible, pass the sentiments of this thread along to him. My family, friends, & I enjoyed watching his energy all season, both from home & at The Dome.

IMG_0013.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom