Students sold out their allotment | Syracusefan.com

Students sold out their allotment

Private school wealthier parents wouldn't get to excited.

Dude, really? Doesn't matter. At all. Let's see if Wichita St sells out their student allotment. Or the other schools. Tell the kids on work study they should just ask their parents.

Because every kid at Syracuse is loaded and have their parents paying for this trip.

Buzz_Killington.jpg

Because every kid at Syracuse is loaded and have their parents paying for this trip.

Buzz_Killington.jpg

obviously not every kid... but it certainly helps.

They went to the non-season ticket holders but sold out very quickly (My buddy just bought them tonight at 5pm)

They went to the non-season ticket holders but sold out very quickly (My buddy just bought them tonight at 5pm)

Ah, I thought non-seasons were tomorrow. Either way, good showing by the Cuse students. That's a long, expensive trip for college kids (and those of us recent grads who are emptying our bank accounts)

How much were the student tickets to attend? $40 maybe - probably a night of a weekend drinking and partying. Kids going on buses, cramming in cars, fitting 6 to a hotel room? Give kids credit, many just find a way. How many Michigan students do you think will be going and how far will they be coming from? That's a state university isn't it? Looked like plenty of Indiana students made it to Washington. Why so bitter and insulting about a good thing - kids heading to a once in a lifetime event while in college - their college's Final 4? I bet many of those kids have no idea where they are even staying - if worse come to worse some will sleep in cars etc. Heck I'm old but not that old not to remember how determined, creative, crazy and low maintenance that kids can be in college.

I know even at my age, I'll stay off your lawns ;)

How much were the student tickets to attend? $40 maybe - probably a night of a weekend drinking and partying. Kids going on buses, cramming in cars, fitting 6 to a hotel room? Give kids credit, many just find a way. How many Michigan students do you think will be going and how far will they be coming from? That's a state university isn't it? Looked like plenty of Indiana students made it to Washington. Why so bitter and insulting about a good thing - kids heading to a once in a lifetime event while in college - their college's Final 4? I bet many of those kids have no idea where they are even staying - if worse come to worse some will sleep in cars etc. Heck I'm old but not that old not to remember how determined, creative, crazy and low maintenance that kids can be in college.

You better stay off my lawn, Cherie. ;)

Amen Cherie!

Right now they're working on getting a bus and setting up a carpool system. 6 to a hotel room is probably conservative.

To deny Syracuse has a good amount of wealthy students is a joke. Not All not the majority but they exist and it's nothing to be embarrassed about and it helps attendance in events like this. All I am saying.

Amen Cherie!

Right now they're working on getting a bus and setting up a carpool system. 6 to a hotel room is probably conservative.

A quick question from one of the parents who might get soaked for transportation: Does anyone know if the school is going to set up any sort of charter bus system for the students going down? My student got her tickets today, and is scrambling to see if she can work out a carpool system. The first two car loads were full, but there may be some others. The crashing on the floor part may be more under control once she gets there.

A quick question from one of the parents who might get soaked for transportation: Does anyone know if the school is going to set up any sort of charter bus system for the students going down? My student got her tickets today, and is scrambling to see if she can work out a carpool system. The first two car loads were full, but there may be some others. The crashing on the floor part may be more under control once she gets there.

I know the Otto's Army kids have been scrambling since Saturday trying to get the bus organized but they still haven't gotten everything set from the bus company's end. They have a meeting tomorrow night where I'm sure they'll have more info. I'll pass along what I hear.

also 1 thing to remember...

not sure if its still possible but i know in 2003 each student was able to buy either 2 or 4 tix (i want to say it was 4). so everyone bought the max and scalped the others to pay for their weekend.

Dude, really? Doesn't matter. At all. Let's see if Wichita St sells out their student allotment. Or the other schools. Tell the kids on work study they should just ask their parents.
Ha ha! I saw what you did there.

I know the Otto's Army kids have been scrambling since Saturday trying to get the bus organized but they still haven't gotten everything set from the bus company's end. They have a meeting tomorrow night where I'm sure they'll have more info. I'll pass along what I hear.
Thanks for the info. I passed it along to her, and she'll go to the Otto's Army meeting.

To deny Syracuse has a good amount of wealthy students is a joke. Not All not the majority but they exist and it's nothing to be embarrassed about and it helps attendance in events like this. All I am saying.
My only tournament games were in 1983. We crammed 5 students into a small AMC rental (one student was 21) and drove to Hartford to stay at another student's house. Nobody was wealthy... we just had a will to see the team play.

Those cheerleaders from Southwestern Louisiana (Ragin' Cajuns) sure were cute...

This was the one chance that Syracuse had to play in an Eastern Regional at the Dome. They had just beaten tO$U in the Dome, but lost to them in the 2nd round at the Hartford Civic Center (original roof).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom