Stuff | Syracusefan.com

Stuff

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
If you are a Time Warner subscriber, you might want to check out a couple of new shows they are debuting for the 2013 football season.

One is called Orange Squeeze. As far as I can tell, it is a 30 minute replay of a Syracuse game. They used the radio play by play to narrate, and basically just cut out all the delays between plays. It is similar to the Rush Hour shows UConn and Rutgers have been showing on SNY for a few years now, except the production values are not as nice and the show is 30 minutes long instead of 60.

Looks like they plan to show it for all the games this season. I watched it for the Penn State game. Looks cheap and they have to be brutal editing to fit the show into 30 minutes but it is better than nothing. It needs to be expanded to 60 minutes and it needs a narrator who is knowledgeable to explain controversial calls, set up key plays, and fill in other gaps left by relying solely on the radio audio feed. But it is better than nothing and if you are a fan, you might want to check it out.

They have another new show called Syracuse in 60, that reviews SU football games in some detail. It features a lot of post game interviews with players and coaches. Jason Benetti (voice of the Syracuse Chiefs) and Dale Drypolcher serve as the studio hosts. I didn't see all of the first show last night but from what I saw, it looked like a good review of the game and the hosts did a decent job breaking down the big plays from the game.

TW still has the Syracuse Sidelines coaches show as well. Looks like they are trying very hard to stay relevant covering SU sports despite the loss of the live games they have been showing for many years. The decision to televise the 4 games from Canada was more evidence of this. They are also definitely covering the Olympic sports more. Had an SU men's soccer game played at Colgate and a women's game against Colgate at home last week. They rarely showed soccer in the past. Kudos to them for trying to do a better job covering SU sports.

Was curious regarding how SNY was going to cover SU football, as well as UConn and Rutgers, after the recent turbulence with CR. Don't see any coaches shows or replays of games for any of these programs on their schedule for September. The only school they are showing a coaches show for is Notre Dame. They are continuing to televise ACK games, but it looks like they are forgoing the pre and post game shows at least some of the time.

It appears MSG is going to show the ACC games at least until the end of the regular season for the Yankees, when I presume YES will start covering the games live. MSG has no pre or post game show scheduled for the first couple of ACC games they will schedule and I don't see the coaches shows for any ACC teams scheduled either (just Rutgers).

Let's hope that the YES network bothers to set up pre and post game shows to discuss ACC football and let's hope they start showing replays of ACC games and ACC coaches shows as well. They should at least show the Syracuse content.

I was flippin channels between the US vs Mexico women's soccer last night and a replay of the SU vs Colgate women's soccer game last night. SU replay was on TWC here in Rochester. I think that is the first time I have seen SU's soccer stadium. Based on what I could see on TV, they did a nice job with it.

If you are a Time Warner subscriber, you might want to check out a couple of new shows they are debuting for the 2013 football season.

One is called Orange Squeeze. As far as I can tell, it is a 30 minute replay of a Syracuse game. They used the radio play by play to narrate, and basically just cut out all the delays between plays. It is similar to the Rush Hour shows UConn and Rutgers have been showing on SNY for a few years now, except the production values are not as nice and the show is 30 minutes long instead of 60.

Looks like they plan to show it for all the games this season. I watched it for the Penn State game. Looks cheap and they have to be brutal editing to fit the show into 30 minutes but it is better than nothing. It needs to be expanded to 60 minutes and it needs a narrator who is knowledgeable to explain controversial calls, set up key plays, and fill in other gaps left by relying solely on the radio audio feed. But it is better than nothing and if you are a fan, you might want to check it out.

They have another new show called Syracuse in 60, that reviews SU football games in some detail. It features a lot of post game interviews with players and coaches. Jason Benetti (voice of the Syracuse Chiefs) and Dale Drypolcher serve as the studio hosts. I didn't see all of the first show last night but from what I saw, it looked like a good review of the game and the hosts did a decent job breaking down the big plays from the game.

TW still has the Syracuse Sidelines coaches show as well. Looks like they are trying very hard to stay relevant covering SU sports despite the loss of the live games they have been showing for many years. The decision to televise the 4 games from Canada was more evidence of this. They are also definitely covering the Olympic sports more. Had an SU men's soccer game played at Colgate and a women's game against Colgate at home last week. They rarely showed soccer in the past. Kudos to them for trying to do a better job covering SU sports.

Was curious regarding how SNY was going to cover SU football, as well as UConn and Rutgers, after the recent turbulence with CR. Don't see any coaches shows or replays of games for any of these programs on their schedule for September. The only school they are showing a coaches show for is Notre Dame. They are continuing to televise ACK games, but it looks like they are forgoing the pre and post game shows at least some of the time.

It appears MSG is going to show the ACC games at least until the end of the regular season for the Yankees, when I presume YES will start covering the games live. MSG has no pre or post game show scheduled for the first couple of ACC games they will schedule and I don't see the coaches shows for any ACC teams scheduled either (just Rutgers).

Let's hope that the YES network bothers to set up pre and post game shows to discuss ACC football and let's hope they start showing replays of ACC games and ACC coaches shows as well. They should at least show the Syracuse content.

Is there a "My Take" on the Penn State game that I missed?

ive been watching a lot of programming on YES for several months now...and there doesnt seem to be an ACC show on the horizon.

it wouldve been mentioned by now.

if youd like to buy Pinstripe Bowl tickets, i can help you.

YES is also the new home of Man City...

Is there a "My Take" on the Penn State game that I missed?
Sorry about that, just haven't had time. I think I might be able to post it tonight.

sorry, but time warner gave me the green squeeze

but if you wan me to watch you will have to give me your address:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom