Men's Soccer - SU 1 vs NC State 1: Sun Oct 22, 1 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer SU 1 vs NC State 1: Sun Oct 22, 1 PM

Unable to be at the game, but watched the last 10 minutes on my iPad. I’ve only missed one other home game this season, so missing today was tough being that it was senior day.

SU struggles to put the ball on net. Plain & simple. It is a similar problem they have had in years past. Last year Opoku, & Johnson were great with the ball and their shots were on net. That does not exist this year. Goal tending is another issue. We have lost 2 games this year due to goalie mental mistakes. With that said, I think we need to go back to Jason.

I have to agree with Tomcat. The teams shot accuracy is abysmal (200/202). You can often spin numbers in a variety of ways, but you can’t spin that. I’ve seen more field goals this year than at a kicker and long snapper football camp. Suski is a nice player, but is not the answer. He is a nice sub and deserves 20-30 minutes a game. We are better when Boselli & D’Agostini are playing. I think Koloukian has a bright future and hopefully he will be at SU a few more years. He does have to stop flopping. It’s becoming embarrassing. Some of the seniors will be back next year, so hopefully, Ian will not have to replace half the team next year.

The game at BC does not help SU as they cannot get a first round bye and have already locked in a first round home game. A loss and a first round loss in the ACC tournament could put them in jeopardy of missing the NCAA. What the BC game can provide is a chance of having the team see the ball go in the back of the net, which could carry over into the ACC tournament. We do have a lot of talent on this team, and if they could put their shots on net, we can compete with just about anyone.

Last edited:
Good article on the lone frosh on the team this year. Ezra Widman.

I hear he is expected to be a major part of the team next season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom