Men's Soccer - SU 1 vs North Carolina 3: Wed Nov 8, 6 PM [ACC Semis] | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer SU 1 vs North Carolina 3: Wed Nov 8, 6 PM [ACC Semis]

Replay:

Last edited:
I was somewhat surprised that the card became a yellow.. Contact for sure.

Will they make the NCAA’S?
Yes. 48 teams make it. Syracuse was just ranked 16th today. A loss to top 10 UNC is not a big deal.

The top 16 teams get byes the first round. The question is, will Syracuse be one of the top 16 and get a bye?

If they don’t, they are a lock to host a first round game.

Yes. 48 teams make it. Syracuse was just ranked 16th today. A loss to top 10 UNC is not a big deal.

The top 16 teams get byes the first round. The question is, will Syracuse be one of the top 16 and get a bye?

If they don’t, they are a lock to host a first round game.
Thank you. I don’t follow soccer much so I wasn’t sure how many got in.

Tough game. Not sure if SU was a step slow or UNC was a step fast, but it was that way all night. Thought momentum had switched, but some more bad defense led to a red card. Ugh! They fought for a while with effect but not possible keep that up with success for too long against a good defensive team.

College Cup is next!

LGO

Never played and only started watching last year so please educate - the first goal was that on the goalie for basically throwing it to an NC guy or was that on a defender?

Never played and only started watching last year so please educate - the first goal was that on the goalie for basically throwing it to an NC guy or was that on a defender?
I think it was on the everybody who touched it in that sequence, except maybe the poor midfielder (Mikina?) who got the pass too deep in the SU half while covered by 2 UNC players. They jumped him and easily stole the ball. When the pass was made, I do not recall who it was, my first thought was "Why?", immediately followed by "Oh ship!" Should have never come back to the goalie; it should have been cleared, and the pass to our player never should have been made. UNC scoring first set the tone for the rest of the game.

F-w09tGWsAAc4Gn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom