Women's Lacrosse - SU 14 vs Va Tech 12: Wed Apr 26, 4 PM [ACC Qtrs] | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 14 vs Va Tech 12: Wed Apr 26, 4 PM [ACC Qtrs]

Replay:

Last edited:
Dr. appt. on Friday. Not sure where it falls in the game time.

So maybe 2nd half again like today. Appt. at 1:10. Quick check of my nose after using chemo cream.

So maybe 2nd half again like today. Appt. at 1:10. Quick check of my nose after using chemo cream.
Fluorocil? Last time I used it I was lit up like a Christmas tree. But it did the job.

Fluorocil? Last time I used it I was lit up like a Christmas tree. But it did the job.
Yea. But finished it about 2 months ago. This is to see if he is happy with the results and the new skin growth.

I didn't watch the game and it is impossible to get any sense of the flow from the highlights but I wonder if Meaghan Tyrrell needs to be more assertive and imposing at this point in the season. She is so unselfish and deferential, such a generous and great teammate, but it may be that in order for this team to actualize its full potential she has to become the focus of the offense in a way that continually challenges and stresses the opponent, creating more opportunities for others and more shots for herself. It is a delicate balance, to be sure, but whenever she has the ball in her stick and is moving toward the goal, SU is at a huge and immediate advantage

I posted right before today’s game I thought the final score of the game earlier this season could have been much closer. VT has a good young defense and freshman goalie who played tough for much of that game. Kayla really praised them after. And their offense created a bunch of good looks, it’s just that Sweitzer was absolutley incredible that day. She had 15 saves, 6 caused turnovers, and 2 ground balls. So along with that, and the fact that VT only lost to BC by 2 goals a few weeks ago, I was a little leery going into this one. Thank god we won.

VT is in the second season with their new coach so it looks like they are heading towards being competitive in the ACC.

The offense hadn’t run a single possession of the weave in many games. It had been so long that I thought they ditched it. But they ran it with 5 mins left in the game and it immediately led to a great goal by Meg Tyrell. I wish Kayla would go to it more, especially when the offense is stagnant. It creates a flow that the iso plays sometimes don't. I dunno, maybe she's just keeping it in her back pocket for the post season

Sweitzer hasn’t been herself the last 5 quarters. Hopefully she gets back to normal asap. The defense desperately needs her.

The refs are awful. Just brutally bad. And they can't even get the reviews right.

They need to scrap the rule where a player is fouled by the goalie and is given an open net, free position shot. It is comically bad. The worst rule I can think of in any sport.

IMO, what we need for the rest of this season is some Coaching magic along with…
IMG_2055.jpeg

A frustrating thing over the last couple of games is ground balls. The stats from the Va.Tech game suggest this was pretty even. That doesn't pass the eye test. SU got out-hustled on many ground balls and--late in the game--flubbed a couple of easy ones, leading to Hokie possessions.

I didn't watch the game and it is impossible to get any sense of the flow from the highlights but I wonder if Meaghan Tyrrell needs to be more assertive and imposing at this point in the season. She is so unselfish and deferential, such a generous and great teammate, but it may be that in order for this team to actualize its full potential she has to become the focus of the offense in a way that continually challenges and stresses the opponent, creating more opportunities for others and more shots for herself. It is a delicate balance, to be sure, but whenever she has the ball in her stick and is moving toward the goal, SU is at a huge and immediate advantage
Clayman answers it pretty well. I am not sure about Meaghan. She is getting a lot of attention, doubled and whatnot., and her being more assertive may not have the best consequences.

I actually liked it best when other players got more assertive, like Sierra, Emma Ward, etc.

We need them to shoot their shot, when its open, and be less cute with the ball movement. Don't get me wrong, I like ball movement and off-ball play, but I think during this bad spell, we have been a little too cute with it and lobbing passes into covered people.

We did a good job on the draws, got stoned a bit on O and/or turned it over, and their O was quite aggressive, especially that freshman. Sweitzer made some great saves and prevented this from being a tie or loss.

The game flow is we struggled a bit against a young and hungry team. Sierra was consistent, but when Emma turned it up, things opened up for Meaghan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom