Women's Lacrosse - SU 16 vs Boston College 17: Thurs Apr 20, 7 PM | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 16 vs Boston College 17: Thurs Apr 20, 7 PM

Replay:

Last edited:
Imagine being 15-0 at one point in a 16 game season, and not winning jack.
That sucked.
Could lose out in the ACC and NCAAs as well.
Uggh

Hopefully they were not depending on their swagger.

Last edited:
Complete second half collapse. Uncharacteristically, Ward threw the ball away twice.

Sometimes going undefeated is a bad thing. You get too comfortable and don't realize you are being killed until it's too late. And, you don't know how to react because you've not been there before.

Well, that should sober them up a bit. But, the weaknesses on defense we're on display for all to see.

Last edited:
Tough to lose the draw at the end multiple times, ugh. Was at the game and at one point looked like it was in the bag but quickly turned into a nail biter. Screw BC, there is a lot to learn from this loss that I hope they take with them into the next two tournaments.

To lose an undefeated season and the ACC season title in the last few minutes of the last game of the season really fvcking sucks. Especially when we were in control the first 3 quarters. And Acacia Walker is annoying.

The D needs to get better. Way too many open cutters the last few games. Sweitzer has covered up those mistakes. She wasn’t her normal self in the second half tonight. Didn’t seem to be seeing the ball well.

Oh well, no one will care about this if we win the NCAA championship

I agree. I f you are going to lose a game, this was the one. I actually felt that the game turned after Terrell scored for sole first place. It is like they accomplished a goal, and forgot that there was another goal, to go undefeated. But as others stated already, it is really difficult to run to board the entire season. A loss makes them realize that they need to work for every goal, and every game. Go get the NC...

It was the same play over and over BC exploited it and Syracuse failed to adjust in time. Syracuse could easily face BC 2 more times before the season is over. In 2021 they met 4 times the series was split 2-2 but the only one of those games anyone cares about is the one on Memorial Day weekend. I’m super happy for Meaghan and I’m glad I was there to see her break the record. I do wonder how much of a distraction or an annoyance it was for her? She epitomizes team player I don’t see her caring about records or awards on any level other then winning with her team

"Feeling" a loss could be very helpful to this lovable group- lots of talented teams out there that will make you pay for losing focus and failing to make the necessary in-game adjustments. I think this will make them better, just another challenge after all the season-ending injuries to important players they have worked to overcome.

It sucks we lost.. I mentioned it before that. This may have been a good loss… I like their seeding that they got… looks like an easy match up in the second round.. and as Charlotte North once said it’s damn near impossible to win the Triple Crown in the ACC .. let’s go girls!!

Last edited:
Imagine being 15-0 at one point in a 16 game season, and not winning jack.
That sucked.
Could lose out in the ACC and NCAAs as well.
Uggh

Hopefully they were not depending on their swagger.
By lose out, do you mean not winning a single game in the ACC tournament or NCAAs? If so, I'm not quite to that point yet.

By lose out, do you mean not winning a single game in the ACC tournament or NCAAs? If so, I'm not quite to that point yet.
By 'lose out' I am referring to the potential to not claim a single championship. To go 15-0 and not be the ACC champion or NCAA champion. That would be terrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom