SU 17 - Md 10 | Syracusefan.com

SU 17 - Md 10

GoSU96

Living Legend
QB coming off a concussion and my guess rib injury with an untested LT and the two best WR's gone, and a RB coming off of injury. Before the LT quit they were 106th in tackles for loss allowed. Also 105th in 3rd down conversions, SU's defense is 8th in the country in 3rd down percentage defense.

Not good for them.

MD's Defense still playing short handed on the back end and now losing their MLB.

This sets up to be another ugly, field position low scoring punt fest. In the words of Shafer, a Sexy game.

For SU right now all of its problems begin and end with the pass game. Even with a very inefficent pass game SU has run the ball well. If MacDonald can figure a way to help Hunt the receivers, maybe use the run game threat with some play action early, and get it from beyond ridiculous to functional, SU can have a solid run the last 3rd of the year.

Just like last year it's only one factor that is really lacking, last year it was the run game. If they can get the pass game going at all it's 3-1 to end the year, and in position to match last years record.

Must must must win game. No reason we should lose this game if we bring the same defensive effort we brought against Wake (albeit their QB helped). Praying we can somehow get the downfield passing game going.

Agreed, we gave one away to PSU... I feel this one will be up for the taking at the end, and it would stink to leave another W out there.

QB coming off a concussion and my guess rib injury with an untested LT and the two best WR's gone, and a RB coming off of injury. Before the LT quit they were 106th in tackles for loss allowed. Also 105th in 3rd down conversions, SU's defense is 8th in the country in 3rd down percentage defense.

Not good for them.

MD's Defense still playing short handed on the back end and now losing their MLB.

This sets up to be another ugly, field position low scoring punt fest. In the words of Shafer, a s e x y game.

For SU right now all of its problems begin and end with the pass game. Even with a very inefficent pass game SU has run the ball well. If MacDonald can figure a way to help Hunt the receivers, maybe use the run game threat with some play action early, and get it from beyond ridiculous to functional, SU can have a solid run the last 3rd of the year.

Just like last year it's only one factor that is really lacking, last year it was the run game. If they can get the pass game going at all it's 3-1 to end the year, and in position to match last years record.
Agree, this is a very winnable game. We match up well with the Terps. They have had 2 weeks to prepare but we have some momentum. Should be a very close game. I like our chances too.

Oddly Orangeless Uniforms - 4
Ugly-a$$ black and red and yellow unis - 2

tomorrow's weather is going to be darn near perfect football weather. 55 sun/partly cloudy light breeze. 0% chance of rain.

I just want to see us win live. Other than that, I want to see 5 TDs.

I know. Dream big.

We typically don't do all that well in Big Ten stadiums. Fortunately, Maryland is B1G in name only. I say:

Randy Edsall 23
Randy Edsall 14

No, wait a minute:

Good Randy Edsall 23
Bad Randy Edsall 14

Not good for them.

This sets up to be another ugly, field position low scoring punt fest. In the words of Shafer, a s e x y game.

The over/under on this game is 55 points...that does seem crazy but Vegas is spot on over/under often...maybe we will have what most of us would call a s e x y game

The over/under on this game is 55 points...that does seem crazy but Vegas is spot on over/under often...maybe we will have what most of us would call a s e x y game
Take the under but we score more than many have predicted:

Syracuse 31
Maryland 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors