SU 63 vs Pittsburgh 53: Sun Feb 25, 2 PM | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

SU 63 vs Pittsburgh 53: Sun Feb 25, 2 PM

Coach has to recruit some bigs who can defensive rebound. We get killed off the defensive boards. They’re great offensive rebounding, but teams we’ve lost to have really hurt us inside. Latham could become that rebounder, but she needs some additional strength. Coach needs to find a blow by guard for next year to make up for some of the loss of Fair. It’s amazing what this program has done in two years.

1​
Caitlin ClarkIowa
Active​
127​
3,593​
2​
Kelsey PlumWashington
2017​
139​
3,527​
3​
Kelsey MitchellOhio State
2018​
139​
3,402​
4​
Jackie StilesMissouri State
2001​
129​
3,393​
5​
Dyaisha FairBuffalo/Syracuse
Active​
149​
3,302​
6​
Brittney GrinerBaylor
2013​
148​
3,283​
On course for 3. Outside shot at 2 (if we were to advance to the NCAA championship).

The woman that sits to my left works for SU athletics in some capacity but I'm not sure where. She mentioned today that Coach Brown's popularity requires that he has handlers that allow him access in and out of the dome. Apparently everyone wants to stop and chat with him so he can't get to and from his seat. She also said he is one of the nicest people she's ever met. I saw him at the bottom of the stairs near the Hidden Level.

Coach has to recruit some bigs who can defensive rebound. We get killed off the defensive boards. They’re great offensive rebounding, but teams we’ve lost to have really hurt us inside. Latham could become that rebounder, but she needs some additional strength. Coach needs to find a blow by guard for next year to make up for some of the loss of Fair. It’s amazing what this program has done in two years.
Will camp provide the speed at the guard position?

Tim Leonard again mentioned that Varejao has another year of eligibility along with McEvans and Camp. I would love to see her return next year
Not sure we have the available scholarships.

The woman that sits to my left works for SU athletics in some capacity but I'm not sure where. She mentioned today that Coach Brown's popularity requires that he has handlers that allow him access in and out of the dome. Apparently everyone wants to stop and chat with him so he can't get to and from his seat. She also said he is one of the nicest people she's ever met. I saw him at the bottom of the stairs near the Hidden Level.
The Hidden Level. What pray tell is this?

It's the space behind where the cheerleaders stand. It's the entrance where they can bring the cars and trucks in. Hidden Level is the suite back there where they have events for donors.

If you ever sit with me at my friends floor seats for a men's game, I will take you in there. It used to be really good, but the last time I was in there the food was not the same. It was the extras that made it good, the flavored bags of popcorn for ex.

about damn time (for ESPN to recognize Fair)

"SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Dyaisha Fair scored 23 points to move into fifth place on the career scoring list and her 15 fourth-quarter points led a late rally by No. 17 Syracuse in a 63-53 victory over Pittsburgh on Sunday.

Fair passed Brittney Griner, who scored 3,283 points for Baylor from 2009 through 2013, and trails only Jackie Stiles (3,393), Kelsey Mitchell (3,402), Kelsey Plum (3,527) and Caitlin Clark (3,617) on the women's NCAA Division I career list. Fair has 3,302 points. She passed Griner with a tough driving layup in the second quarter."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom