139​
3,402​
5​
Jackie StilesMissouri State
2001​
129​
3,393​

Last edited:
Impossible place to win. 30 straight sweet 16s and Paige is a star they wouldn't have let us win this game even if we had a few more buckets just look at Woolley getting nailed in the face and no call.
Your star point is a good one. The women’s game thrives on their stars. Giving their stars home games the first two rounds basically guarantees no Cinderella situations and gives them the ideal matchups for ratings later on. On a neutral court, we had a damn good chance of winning but it wasn’t to be. Still an admirable showing.

That was a heartbreaker. Home games are bs
Don't have a problem with it just not sure how that was a 3 seed we played? Rough team to see before the sweet 16 when you spent the entire season ranked.

But why have empty seats the ladies should be playing off this being the weekend of college hoops and using it to sell tickets.

Don't have a problem with it just not sure how that was a 3 seed we played? Rough team to see before the sweet 16 when you spent the entire season ranked.

But why have empty seats the ladies should be playing off this being the weekend of college hoops and using it to sell tickets.
And if it was favorable to us and we hosted a game, no doubt they get 25 in there (optimistically more).

SU had a real shot at a four seed. Would he been nice to see two home games in the dome but does anyone think we would create the same atmosphere and advantage UCONN enjoys

Especailly dislike Paige. And did they happen to mention in the past 4 minutes that Fair moved into 3rd place all time scoring? No. Why mention that.
I'm rooting for that USC frosh sensation to punk Paige if they meet up on the E8.

It’s very simple. Do we want the environment we had tonight or 200 people at a neutral court at Noon on the first Thursday? And that number isn’t an exaggeration. Tonight sucked. But man it would’ve been amazing if we could’ve finished the year strong!

I can’t wait til we get that 4 seed soon. Dome will rock and we’ll all be there!

It's always tough to lose in the tournament. But those young women played a terrific game. UConn hadn't lost at home in 30 years (!!!), and has made 30 straight Sweet 16's (!!!!). They had a 1 possession game with a minute to play. They played really good basketball, and it was a fun, quality game to watch. Tough loss, but Coach Jack is terrific.

SU had a real shot at a four seed. Would he been nice to see two home games in the dome but does anyone think we would create the same atmosphere and advantage UCONN enjoys
Would be a reason to go back to Manley if it was easy to retrofit it.

Its really hard to make the Dome look good on TV you honestly need a ton of people. Getting rid of the silver bleachers will help for TV optics.

It’s very simple. Do we want the environment we had tonight or 200 people at a neutral court at Noon on the first Thursday? And that number isn’t an exaggeration. Tonight sucked. But man it would’ve been amazing if we could’ve finished the year strong!

I can’t wait til we get that 4 seed soon. Dome will rock and we’ll all be there!
This is exactly right and why games are played at the high seed. With the current growth of WBB, maybe we see a change to a neutral site down the road…but very unlikely in the short term.

I've got nothing against her, it's Geno who I can't wait until he retires.
Yes it is terrible. She is a wonderful, classy young woman. Even if your comment was tongue in cheek you should learn a little about who she is and how she treats others. She donates her NIL bank to help others who need it. We need more athletes like Paige in all sports and all walks of life. And Geno, although sarcastic, is one of the best and funniest men I have met.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom