SU 65 vs Bucknell 48: Fri Nov 25, 7 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU 65 vs Bucknell 48: Fri Nov 25, 7 PM

Good to have the win, but having a 1st qtr like that against ACC teams would probably equal a loss. Fair was outstanding, She did exactly what you want in a captain/star player took control and put team on her back.

Woolley struggling but hopefully with more time practicing and court time, she'll shake the rust off. Wood had some nice play and helped on boards. Only winning rebounds by 2 and zero O-rebounds from Strong/Lewis is troubling. In the first few games of the season, Strong was playing more around foul line, where she had options, short j, drive or dump to Lewis and now out pass 3 pt line and we are not winning the boards.

Yeah - Asia fell in love with the 3-ball after she hit 2 in that game a few back (I just checked, it was 2/3 against LIU), and now has completely forgotten what she's supposed to be doing for this team:
battling for boards, putbacks, playing good D.

Other than that 2/3 game, her other game #'s from 3 were:
0-3 Colgate
1-5 vs St Penn
0-2 Bucknell

Minus that 2/3, she's shooting TEN PERCENT from 3.
And even with it, she's only 'up' to 23 percent.
That ain't her game.

Hopefully Coach Jack & staff can remind her.

Yeah - Asia fell in love with the 3-ball after she hit 2 in that game a few back (I just checked, it was 2/3 against LIU), and now has completely forgotten what she's supposed to be doing for this team:
battling for boards, putbacks, playing good D.

Other than that 2/3 game, her other game #'s from 3 were:
0-3 Colgate
1-5 vs St Penn
0-2 Bucknell

Minus that 2/3, she's shooting TEN PERCENT from 3.
And even with it, she's only 'up' to 23 percent.
That ain't her game.

Hopefully Coach Jack & staff can remind her.
If Wooley gets healthy, the only starters shooting 3's are Fair, Hyman, and Wooley, Lewis, and Strong need to rebound, and score inside.

Wow Fair was awesome but I saw some of our players especially in the 1st half watching her instead of working for position to score themselves and rebound. She did a great job getting us back in the game before half time after a lackluster first quarter by the team.

Ball movement improved as the game progressed but I hope their focus improves. We had only 9 assists on our 24 buckets, would like to see more focused ball movement. That Collins girl for Bucknell was able to split and drive all the way to the basket through our zone repeatedly which is worrisome when we hit some of the ACC juggernauts. Bucknell’s backup center, Sullivan, did well in her 20 minutes on the court against us after we neutralized the starter, Shaffer. I’m certain that FLJ will be addressing the issues she saw. Great comeback but we can’t afford to have those lapses as competition and the season heats up. Go SU!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom