Women's Lacrosse - SU 8 vs Maryland 9 (OT): Sat Feb 17, 12 PM | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 8 vs Maryland 9 (OT): Sat Feb 17, 12 PM

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse vs Maryland
Saturday, February 17, 2024 | 12:00 p.m.

Streaming: ACCNX
Radio: WJPZ 89.1 FM

Still a whole quarter left to play, but the Irish are looking super tough this year and looking like a real contender. They have been strong in every single facet of this game. They are extremely fast between the 30's and they're matching feet with every NW player on the defensive end, sticks are in every NW players grill, making no shot or pass easy. And they are playing fearlessly on the offensive side, making every possession count. Not only am I afraid of what it's gonna be like when we head over there, I'm afraid of what this ND team is going to look like come tournament time. But first, we must take care of Maryland. And I'm hoping we win big.

Last edited:
14-10 ND over NU
If we don't get the Draw figured out, we will struggle against the Top ACC teams.

Well that was a fun game!!! Any day I can watch Northwestern LOSE, and get outclassed in every sense, nonetheless, is a great day. ND should've sent that last possession ball to the girl that was wide open in the middle of the 8 so she could bury it on LaLiberty just to twist the knife that much more lol. Northwestern wouldn't have thought twice if it was the other way around, they did it to us last week lmao!

14-10 ND over NU
If we don't get the Draw figured out, we will struggle against the Top ACC teams.
Exactly. And it's not just Mashewke who is to blame. It's the unit as a whole who keep getting beat flat out to every ground ball as well. And if we somehow win the foot race to the ball, they have trouble scooping up the ground balls. Fundamentals. Hoping they can continue to improve each game, otherwise we won't stand a chance against ND, BC, NW, or JMU if we end up seeing them in the tourney, etc.

I would rather see Syracuse have struggles now then in May last year they peaked at Halftime of the BC game in April ND indoor field is an incredibly difficult place too play it’s not even regulation the corners or the field are shortend by the track and the lighting is terrible.Kayla is trying to get Kate on track because when she is she is dominant and it frees up Adamson. Today is a massive game can’t wait to be there to watch

On last broadcast they said Mashewske just started practicing in January so hopefully she works the rust? off? Also, tough to win on the road when you lose draw controls 20-8 & lose free positions 9-4 I'd

Headed out for the game. Looking forward to SU putting 4 quarters together instead of playing 3 or 2 like they have so far this season. Draws, defensive identity and offensive cohesion will be keys today. Can’t wait. One game at a time, worry about ND tomorrow after we celebrate this win today!

1-3

GOAL by UMD Hannah Leubecker, Assist by Eloise Clevenger. [04:09]

I might get flamed but we are getting out coached. I am not sold yet on Kayla’s coaching.

2-3

GOAL by SU Emma Tyrrell (MAN-UP), Assist by Emma Ward [13:58]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom