SU 82 vs UMBC 50: Sat Dec 18, 11 AM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU 82 vs UMBC 50: Sat Dec 18, 11 AM

It seems like Vonn Read is doing a pretty good job in bringing the team along despite a slow start. It looks like they're going to extend their winning streak to 6, which includes a W over Ohio State.

Even though the competition hasn't been very tough lately, I wonder if Read can hold onto the head coaching job. You can't say that he's only winning because he's playing Q's recruits.

Last edited:
It seems like Vonn Read is doing a pretty good job in bringing the team along despite a slow start. It looks like they're going to extend their winning streak to 6m which includes a W over Ohio State.

Even though the competition hasn't been very tough lately, I wonder if Read can hold onto the head coaching job. You can't say that he's only winning because he's playing Q's recruits.
Let's see how we do against more ACC teams, I think this team needs more experience with high pressure teams like ND. I am impressed with their unselfish play though and the passing has been pretty damn good.

All 5 starters in double figure scoring. Unselfish!
This is what I noticed. I think they were practicing a few new moves once they had the big lead, but I was able to see where we will have problems going forward. We move the ball well, but the passes are not as sharp as they might need to be when we get into the bigger teams. But they keep improving, and Vonn really seems to know what he is doing as far as game plan and motivating these girls. Too bad you could not watch, because at the end of the game Vonn had the biggest smile on his face, and one of the girls ran over to hug him. They all seem very happy, and Vonn is not the most expressive person, so that smile was very telling.

All during the game the announcers kept talking about how Vonn needs to get more points from the bench. We do have a depth problem, especially if any starters get into foul trouble, and the 2-3 injured players are not back. But I also want to point out that Alaina Rice played for 22 minutes and had 10 rebounds and 4 assists and 3 points. So she produced and played key minutes in ways other than point production, and I would be happy with that. She was our leading rebounder.

Early game, just finished exams, Covid and holidays, not to surprising that they looked a little flat even though they won big. They still did all the things they need to and got a win and never letting UMBC back in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom