SU connection to the Boston bombings | Syracusefan.com

SU connection to the Boston bombings

cto

Administrator
The team hotels for both the 2003 and 2012 NCAA tournaments were on Copley Square... site of the explosions. The Fairmont Copley Square Hotel, which apparently marked the finish line of the Marathon, was the actual team hotel in our 2003 march to New Orleans.

I am sure many others here share my happy memories of that hotel and the Copley Square area -- as we try to process this horrible news ... and send our hopes and thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

Update Report: Authorities Detain Saudi National as Suspect in Boston Bombing... The New York Post reports that Boston authorities have found a suspect in Monday’s bombings – and the Post reports that the suspect is “a Saudi national who suffered shrapnel wounds in today’s blast,” and that the suspect is being guarded “in a Boston hospital.” The Post further says, “A law enforcement source confirmed to The Post that 12 people were killed and nearly 50 were injured in today’s blast.” According to the Post, the suspect is 20 years old.

One of my best friends' mom from college has run 57 marathons, including the Boston Marathon 12 times (this was her 13th). Thankfully I got in touch with my friend and her mom is fine. Just an horrific event.

Update Report: Authorities Detain Saudi National as Suspect in Boston Bombing... The New York Post reports that Boston authorities have found a suspect in Monday’s bombings – and the Post reports that the suspect is “a Saudi national who suffered shrapnel wounds in today’s blast,” and that the suspect is being guarded “in a Boston hospital.” The Post further says, “A law enforcement source confirmed to The Post that 12 people were killed and nearly 50 were injured in today’s blast.” According to the Post, the suspect is 20 years old.

As of right now, the police and others are completely denying this report.

Sent using my Commodore 64

My son went to school right across the street from there, at Berklee College of Music. While visiting, my wife and I walked that area many times and had lunch at restaurants all around there. We live in a sick, sick world.

I just saw on the news that today is Patriot Day in Boston and the schools were all out; many people not going to work. All celebrating the marathon. Man!

I appreciate CTO's post here as it relates to the connection to an SU hotel, but could we keep discussion of the incident itself to the threads that already exist on the proper OT board.

Sent using my Commodore 64

The team (and me, with the band) stayed at the Westin last year, which was right on the corner of copley square, and also where the police held their press conferences.

I flew out of Boston at noon today, so imagine my shock when I got to Dallas to learn what had happened. A friend of my brother and one of my sister in law's best friends were right down there by where the bombs exploded, but thankfully were ok.

The team (and me, with the band) stayed at the Westin last year, which was right on the corner of copley square, and also where the police held their press conferences.
Yes, that was the team hotel in 2012. In 2003, it was the Fairmont Copley Square. Both of them are right there on Copley Square. The only two hotels I've ever stayed at in Boston. It is such a lovely, vibrant part of the city. We walked around Copley Square and down Newbury Street to Boston Commons every day.

Yes, that was the team hotel in 2012. In 2003, it was the Fairmont Copley Square. Both of them are right there on Copley Square. The only two hotels I've ever stayed at in Boston. It is such a lovely, vibrant part of the city. We walked around Copley Square and down Newbury Street to Boston Commons every day.
The Pour House, on the far end of Boylston St., is a great SU bar. Watched far to many games from their basement.

The Pour House, on the far end of Boylston St., is a great SU bar. Watched far to many games from their basement.

Might have spent my one night in Boston drinking out of a bucket there... =P.

She never stopped me from posting (even suggested we go to the Cuse GT game in DC, which turned out not to be such a good idea) but do you know how I can get my name back?

She never stopped me from posting (even suggested we go to the Cuse GT game in DC, which turned out not to be such a good idea) but do you know how I can get my name back?
Well, first you need to find a witch doctor to cast a spell...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom